What's new

1st wicking attempt, any good?

If you hold the plus and minus buttons you can choose voltage if you like and go up and down the voltage. It will show the wattage when you press fire and equally when in wattage mode it will show the volts when you fire. I quite like vaping in voltage mode on certain tanks.

I'll try that @Coolie27 , just as soon as the mod i'm testing it on has recharged. 3.7 volts should be a ggod starting point me thinks?

Should be fine. It’s prob me but I think you get a smoother vape in VV mode.

Will find out once the mod is ready @Coolie27.

Having just stuck to bog standard stock set ups & in wattage mode in my first year..i intend to advance my knowledge a little further for my 2nd year. A little bit at a time mind!

About to try a mech too..just to see what the difference is performance wise, if any. I've bought plenty of batteries for that one, as i suspect i'll be changing them over more often than with a reg mod.

Last edited:
Will find out once the mod is ready @Coolie27.

Having just stuck to bog standard stock set ups & in wattage mode..i intend to advance my knowledge a little further for my 2nd year. A little bit at a time mind!

About to try a mech too..just to see what the difference is performance wise, if any. I've bought plenty of batteries ofr that one, as i suspect i'll changing them over more often than with a reg mod.

I’m a bit nervous of Mechs.. liking the look of the little chtuluh mods one. Which I think is semi regulated or protected.

I’m a bit nervous of Mechs.. liking the look of the little chtuluh mods one. Which I think is semi regulated or protected.

Well, i think it comes down to sensible logic when using mechs. Know what the limits are with whatever tank/build you stick on it, don't leave the battery inside when not in use..don't put it in your pocket, just in case it fires, as there's no cut off safety built in...and of course, make sure the batteries are in top notch condition. Just simple logic when dealing with them.

My mech will be taking 18350s...the latest kind, so 10 amps max..but i'm not intending to stick a build on it that'll get anywhere close to to that, as that'll be 0.4 ohm build. As a MTler..i'm probably going to hang around the 1.0-1.2 ohm mark, so it'll around 4 amps mark or thereabouts.

Those numpties who suffer exploding batteries, probably either put too low a build on it, or haven't taken care of the batteries...had them stuffed down their trouser pockets..and so on.

Mind you..i'm just repeating what i've read up about mechs...i haven't tried one yet!

Well, i think it comes down to sensible logic when using mechs. Know what the limits are with whatever tank/build you stick on it, don't leave the battery inside when not in use..don't put it in your pocket, just in case it fires, as there's no cut off safety built in...and of course, make sure the batteries are in top notch condition. Just simple logic when dealing with them.

My mech will be taking 18350s...the latest kind, so 10 amps max..but i'm not intending to stick a build on it that'll get anywhere close to to that, as that'll be 0.4 ohm build. As a MTler..i'm probably going to hang around the 1.0-1.2 ohm mark, so it'll around 4 amps mark or thereabouts.

Those numpties who suffer exploding batteries, probably either put too low a build on it, or haven't taken care of the batteries...had them stuffed down their trouser pockets..and so on.

Mind you..i'm just repeating what i've read up about mechs...i haven't tried one yet!

I’m sure you will be cautious. You have taken the time to educate yourself clearly. Good luck with it. I’m sure you will post your thoughts. [emoji106]

Well done mate. Looks like you are getting on alright. Have you got coil wrapping/ building tools?

I’m sure you will be cautious. You have taken the time to educate yourself clearly. Good luck with it. I’m sure you will post your thoughts. [emoji106]

Just tried in voltage mode..crickey it's different! Currently at 3.8 volts so about 13 watts, or so it's telling me....it is smoother, but less of a 'hit' so to speak, but i do think the flavour is slightly better..dunno why....i'll keep playing around with it.

Well done mate. Looks like you are getting on alright. Have you got coil wrapping/ building tools?

Heya @rew

I have the very basics that's all. Got precision screwdrivers, tweezers, will have a spool of wire when it gets here * cotton...but not much else. I think i could do with a proper jig to hold everything, as i've very big hands, so wrapping a coil looks fiddly.

Back
Top Bottom