What's new

5 Pawns delisted by Cloud 9 after tests show record levels of Diacetyl

Not all custard or cream juices have bad levels of AP in them - making clean juice is totally possible.

I'm not sure what you would class as "bad levels" of AP and am only going by what the guy in the podcast said were the recommended acceptable exposure limits where he mentioned 5 parts per million (billion?) and looking through the custard/creamy juices on Vaporshark, I can't find any that fall within that limit.

Everyone is up in arms about the 5 Pawn juice that has over 2,000 because it would provide exposure "hundreds of times more than the safe exposure level", but many other juices from other vendors on the Vaporshark site have levels of 250 and thereabouts which would also clearly far exceed the "safe" limit. Vaporshark themselves don't appear to be selling any custard/creams in their own brand which seems like the best way to avoid any potential problem. I personally can't find lab reports on any custard/creamy juice that fall within the supposed safe levels.

Can you point me to custard/creamy juices with lab reports that have AP levels under the 5 ug/ml and are diacetyl-free?

I'm not sure what you would class as "bad levels" of AP and am only going by what the guy in the podcast said were the recommended acceptable exposure limits where he mentioned 5 parts per million (billion?) and looking through the custard/creamy juices on Vaporshark, I can't find any that fall within that limit.

Everyone is up in arms about the 5 Pawn juice that has over 2,000 because it would provide exposure "hundreds of times more than the safe exposure level", but many other juices from other vendors on the Vaporshark site have levels of 250 and thereabouts which would also clearly far exceed the "safe" limit. Vaporshark themselves don't appear to be selling any custard/creams in their own brand which seems like the best way to avoid any potential problem. I personally can't find lab reports on any custard/creamy juice that fall within the supposed safe levels.

Can you point me to custard/creamy juices with lab reports that have AP levels under the 5 ug/ml and are diacetyl-free?

OK, bad levels are 135ug (ppm) per day of AP. that is the occupational safe limit so anything under that isn't going to do harm. Obviously you should be looking for juices with much smaller than this and if you are limiting yourself to the gc-ms on the VS list you are going to struggle.

There are plenty of other juices out there with ND levels. I can point to an entire range but as it goes against advertising I won't (someone else might do though)

Your going to be on your own there, Rich. But then 5 Pawns won't exist by the end of summer.

You may well be right Dave, I honestly cannot predict,nor do I think anyone can, what will happen one way or another with regards to all of this.My school of thought was exactly what @scrumpox mentions.Each country will have it`s own ideas of what is and is not safe,no doubt they will each have set standards to adhere to.We will all have our own ideas and opinions on how it should be done,but the likelyhood of something being set in place that everybody concerned is happy and agrees with, seems a long way off from what I can see.

I think he meant in relation to it being the other way round : i.e., why are people more accepting of the CV9 statement than VS's

C9V don't have there own range of liquids tested saying oh look ours are amazing, everyone elses are evil :P

OK, bad levels are 135ug (ppm) per day of AP. that is the occupational safe limit so anything under that isn't going to do harm. Obviously you should be looking for juices with much smaller than this and if you are limiting yourself to the gc-ms on the VS list you are going to struggle.

There are plenty of other juices out there with ND levels. I can point to an entire range but as it goes against advertising I won't (someone else might do though)

Thanks for the response. I hope someone will point me in the right direction re safe custard/creamy juices.

Apologies but I don't understand what the bolded section above means.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-01%20at%2015.40.44.png

Good to know, thank you. I was reading through descriptions of those juices just yesterday so it's nice to know they come with nice ND lab results. All vendors should have this.

There are more and more of us doing it i think

Back
Top Bottom