What's new

A Panegyric to @Stealthvape & Niffy the Wonder Wire...

Tubbyengineer

Legend
All Hail @stealthvape... sSig_youtheman.gif

Finally a wire that makes Temperature control easy to do, Rob's NiFe30 variant is a sheer delight to work with, stronger than Nickel, easier to coil than Titanium, sensible resistances - this wire has it all. Oh and did I mention that you can dry burn it? and when you do it goes an interesting "Stealth" black...

I've only built 4 coils so far, the first was an unmitigated disaster, mostly because an insane Jack Russell tried to jump on my lap while I was setting the coil in place, The second, A slightly spaced affair virtually threw itself into my Viggo dripper and worked from the first firing with an evenness and accuracy that was somewhat uncanny. The third in a KF4 Behaved immaculately when testing in power mode, producing a nice even glow and setting into place easily when gently squeezed as it cooled. Once wicked and fired it behaved in a most peculiar fashion - eventually traced to the KF4's utterly shitty connection system, even after cleaning it the TC mode refuses to rise above 350f, probably due to the KF4's poor connection quality. The fourth, just built in my Heron, wrapped easily, fitted quickly and simply, gave a fairly even glow on the first firing. Then, after a gentle squeeze as the coil cooled to set it into the traditional microcoil a second test fire produced a solid even glow reminiscent of a Kanthal build, a quick strum with a pointy tool revealed the coil to be fairly sturdy, probably the equivalent of a Kanthal coil of the same gauge. I threw a wick in it, More cotton than I'd normally use on a Nickel build, Juiced it up, popped the tank on and took a vape...

Ah, bliss - Exactly the kind of vape I like and expect from my Heron; warm, moist and flavourful. this is probably the easiest TC build I've done in the Heron, No struggling with soft and fragile Nickel, no need to bully recalcitrant Titanium into place - Just a quick, simple build with flavour and reliability...

As an added bonus, Niffy the Wonder Wire has a TCR closer to Ni200 so will require far less of a temperature offset in things like the DNA40 making it a great all rounder...

If you haven't got any, get it now, once word gets around it'll fly off the shelf...:D

Last edited:
Cheers, just ordered some to have a play with, just what I need another bunch of wire lol. Still not a TC convert but haven't given up on it yet either.

A little custom screen I found that you might be interested in

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    2 KB · Views: 439
Cheers, just ordered some to have a play with, just what I need another bunch of wire lol. Still not a TC convert but haven't given up on it yet either.

A little custom screen I found that you might be interested in

Nice, I'm using this one on mine - Heron Nife30.png

Thanks for this Tubbyengineer

I've seen this stuff talked about for a little while but seeing how happy you are with it has made me want to give this stuff a try.

I kinda gave up on tc using ni and never bothered with ti, so maybe this is the answer for me.

Order now placed and I can't wait to get to play about with this stuff.

Knife is probably the first TC wire I'm tempted to give a real go. Looking forward to trying it out.

Knife is probably the first TC wire I'm tempted to give a real go. Looking forward to trying it out.

As long as you've got a reasonably stable atty you should get good results, The Heron and Viggo are my two go to atty's and both worked really well, I think you might finally like this stuff. I got 0.22 ohms from a 7/8 wrap build...

As long as you've got a reasonably stable atty you should get good results, The Heron and Viggo are my two go to atty's and both worked really well, I think you might finally like this stuff. I got 0.22 ohms from a 7/8 wrap build...

I've only got a Squape now (bar the gennys) as I only drip - it's the dripping I fancy seeing if it works.

I've only got a Squape now (bar the gennys) as I only drip - it's the dripping I fancy seeing if it works.

Well I needed 75+ watts for the Velocity but that was using a Ti build, the Viggo works spot on at 35w with a single 7 wrap at 390f, thats a fairly cool vape though so you might want to go to 420f or slightly higher...

Good to see the TCR for Stealthvapes version is downloadable on Steam Engine, will have to give this a try when I get my Whiteout DNA.

All Hail @stealthvape...View attachment 65249

Finally a wire that makes Temperature control easy to do, Rob's NiFe30 variant is a sheer delight to work with, stronger than Nickel, easier to coil than Titanium, sensible resistances - this wire has it all. Oh and did I mention that you can dry burn it? and when you do it goes an interesting "Stealth" black...

I've only built 4 coils so far, the first was an unmitigated disaster, mostly because an insane Jack Russell tried to jump on my lap while I was setting the coil in place, The second, A slightly spaced affair virtually threw itself into my Viggo dripper and worked from the first firing with an evenness and accuracy that was somewhat uncanny. The third in a KF4 Behaved immaculately when testing in power mode, producing a nice even glow and setting into place easily when gently squeezed as it cooled. Once wicked and fired it behaved in a most peculiar fashion - eventually traced to the KF4's utterly shitty connection system, even after cleaning it the TC mode refuses to rise above 350f, probably due to the KF4's poor connection quality. The fourth, just built in my Heron, wrapped easily, fitted quickly and simply, gave a fairly even glow on the first firing. Then, after a gentle squeeze as the coil cooled to set it into the traditional microcoil a second test fire produced a solid even glow reminiscent of a Kanthal build, a quick strum with a pointy tool revealed the coil to be fairly sturdy, probably the equivalent of a Kanthal coil of the same gauge. I threw a wick in it, More cotton than I'd normally use on a Nickel build, Juiced it up, popped the tank on and took a vape...

Ah, bliss - Exactly the kind of vape I like and expect from my Heron; warm, moist and flavourful. this is probably the easiest TC build I've done in the Heron, No struggling with soft and fragile Nickel, no need to bully recalcitrant Titanium into place - Just a quick, simple build with flavour and reliability...

As an added bonus, Niffy the Wonder Wire has a TCR closer to Ni200 so will require far less of a temperature offset in things like the DNA40 making it a great all rounder...

If you haven't got any, get it now, once word gets around it'll fly off the shelf...:D

We've been calling it Niffy too hehe

Back
Top Bottom