What's new

Blaze Solo RTA - my initial thoughts

guy

Postman
I received this new RTA today just thought I'd post my initial impressions.

I didn't try the first Blaze RTA as my preference is single coilers but am comparing it to my other favourite single coil RTAs, the Juggerknot MR and the Kylin Mini V2 and have all 3 in front of me with almost identical builds.

Building was as easy as it gets. I used the provided coil which is 3.5mm inner diameter. More on that in a bit. I cut the legs at the recommended 6mm. I also attempted to use the provided shoelace cotton but found it to be too small. It's slipped through the coil far too easily so I will keep in for a 3mm coil in my next Juggerknot MR build and instead opted for Cotton Bacon Prime. I bent the wicks down and cut to the outside of the base, thinned slightly and gently tucked them in. The wicks only just sat in the wicking ports and I did wonder if they would be too short but it's turned out to be perfect. A nice little crackle and those satisfying bubbles after every vape.

The airflow is greater than the other 2 RTAs. There's loads of it and I quickly closed it about 1/3rd of the way. Back to that 3.5mm ID coil. I really think that even just dropping down to a 3mm ID coil it would be even airier and the flavour may drop. The airflow is incredibly smooth and silent. It's on par with the Kylin Mini V2 and smoother than the Jugg MR.

Most importantly, the flavour. This time better than the Kylin Mini V2 and on par with the Jugg V2 which has been, to this day, the most flavourful RTA I've used.

All positives so far. I do want to mention that when I got it out the box and cleaned it, the o-ring instantly came off the base of the build deck. When I put it back in place it felt like it sat loose. I then re-assembled the tank and found that the chimney sector (which comes out and is held in place by another o-ring) seemed to rattle a bit when I picked it up. I took the o-ring back off the base, wondering if that's where it had fallen off from, re-assembled again and no rattle, so I went ahead and built/filled it without. Instant leakage from the base of the glass confirmed my suspicion that it has indeed come from the base of the deck. I flipped the tank upside down, unscrewed the base, added the o-ring and screwed back together. No rattle and no leakage!

Also, I build the Kylin Mini V2 with a 3.5mm ID coil and as these aren't generally that easy to buy pre-built, wrap my own using spools of Clapton wire. I really feel this RTA needs a 3.5mm ID coil and that may cause issues for anyone who has a stockpile of 3/2.5mm ID coils. No issue at all for me but something to be aware of.

To summarize, given that I've not even played around with different builds as I had to with the aforementioned other 2 RTAs, I think it's fair to say this will be my new go-to RTA. It also looks good which always help and the flavour and overall vape experience is one of the best I've had!

Apologies for the wall of text but hope my feedback helps someone.

Have a great weekend!

Sounds much the same as the rda, far too airy unless you close the airflow down and use a 3.5/4mm coil but bloody amazing when you do, i'd give a 4mm a go next time :)

Sounds much the same as the rda, far too airy unless you close the airflow down and use a 3.5/4mm coil but bloody amazing when you do, i'd give a 4mm a go next time :)

I was thinking 4mm next time! The wicking ports aren't massive though so wicks would need some pretty severe thinning.

Any tips on wicking? I cut to the end of the base, thin a little, try to tuck them into the juice hole and all I get is a muted, burnt taste. Must have tried it 30 times by now and no luck.

Thinking it was the wick size, I thinned more and got spitback. Imat a bit of a loss here.

Any tips on wicking? I cut to the end of the base, thin a little, try to tuck them into the juice hole and all I get is a muted, burnt taste. Must have tried it 30 times by now and no luck.

Thinking it was the wick size, I thinned more and got spitback. Imat a bit of a loss here.

I rake out the cotton slightly and cut the tails so they literally just sit in the juice flow ports. You want them in the ports but only enough that they barely rest in there. Remember that when you put the top cap on and screw it together it will further push the wicks down into the ports.

Keep with it mate. It's an amazing RTA once you get the wicking right.

Check out Sorteal's wicking method on YouTube, the one where he uses pointed ends. I've recently received this RTA and rewicked about 5 times. Never had a dry hit or flood. I do find it a bit too airy though.

Back
Top Bottom