What's new

A special kind of Mod .

freshy

Initiate
i'm looking for recommendations on a special kind of mod, im not interested if it has a puff counter , settings for temperature control , settings for Stainless steel or Nichrome or Kanthal.
Just a mod that I can vape up to around 80 watts with a battery power and ohms display is all I need and most importantly a mod I can use every single day of the year without the bugger failing on me like they all have done.
I have used Mechs pretty much most of the time in the last 10 years of vaping as they tend not to break as regulated VW mods tend to fail and stop working within 6 months.
With all mods ive owned I generally tend NOT to throw them at walls , run over them with a truck , submerge them in water or cover them in dust and yet even the tough as old boots Geekvape tend to fail, the last one I owned a L200 I returned to the shop within 6 weeks and had to quote the consumers right act before he gave me the money back instead of him sending it off for repair by the manufacture .
i'm sure there are those who might own a mod thats sitting on a shelf or in a draw which works the same as they bought it 5 years ago but if they own another 10 mods the chances are they rarely use it so its hardly likely to go wrong !
If you own a regulated Mod ( a sqonker or tank companionable 18650 or 21700) that you have been using on a day to day basis without it breaking or failing please let me know.
Thanks.

I have one, Dovpo Riva, not heard of one fail yet, and it's built rather well.

Also, @dovpo_uk customer service is second to none in the UK, which surpasses any customer service from the other Chinese manufacturers

Last edited by a moderator:
I would choose, a mod with a DNA or Dicodes if you want one that will last. Yes they cost more to start but you won't have to keep replacing it. Also look into getting a leather cover for said mod you choose as that helps to protect loads. Limelight, Dani, Lostvape. You have to look about to see what suits and weather a duel or single battery. Lots to think and choose from. I have used Wickets for a couple of years, but only goes to 60 watt. And Danni micro, they go to 80 watt, but would go for a DNA 100c or 250c if I was you.

Lost Vape Grus if you can still get them.

100W, solid, mostly metal, single 21700 with screw-in battery door* so no door catches or hinges to break. Good clear, bright screen, chunky 510 screwed down with torx screws.

They have been my all-day, every day mods since they came out.

Does have the bells and whistles (TC, puff count, USB-C fast charge etc) but I ignore them (though the charging has saved me when I brought dead batteries as spares once).

* screw-in but with a fold-out tab so not fiddly.

Edit: https://vapable.com/product/the-lost-vape-grus-100w-mod/

Last edited:
Battering rams

2500x1250.jpg

Out of all the mods i've had, i would say Lost Vape have been the better made mods.

Lost Vape certainly make some solidly built kit, but by far the most durable devices I've ever had are my @dovpo_uk Odin's, but then I'm an agoraphobe and never leave the house so perhaps I'm not the best person to ask.

Vapefly makes some heavily engineered stuff too.

I've had luck with Vaporesso, Geekvape, Voopoo, Innokin and Aspire mods in the last 5 years and every mod I've ever bought from those companies are still working as they should. I haven't had any failures with Dovpo or Lost Vape either but these are all under 3 years old so I'm unsure about their long term life expectancy. Smok, Wismec and iJoy devices I haven't had much luck with. But I believe any one of my mods could crap out at any time

I believe the problem with mainstream Chinese devices is they are built down to a price - if they were built to last most people wouldn't buy them as they would be pricier than the competition we have become accustomed to cheap shit.

In your position I would buy two regulated mods so you have a backup and buy a replacement if one dies. With electronic equipment all bets are off if you get liquid ingress or you drop it frequently. You can hedge your bets by going for IP67/68 rated stuff but they are shock/water RESISTANT not proof, paying for a board with better components like DNA/Yihi can reduce the chance of mystery board failures, but heavy drops and juice ingress can kill anything - and the 510 seals can fail on them like any other mod so you could still be SOL.

Sorry bud, regulated mods aren't like mechs and you will never get the same long term reliability. I don't think what you are looking for actually exists, in most cases longevity is just down to luck.

Not all DNA mods are tough. I've had 3 mods (all 3 batt mods) die on me. I still have 3 DNA mods alive, 2 x 2 batt, and 1 x single mod still going after about 5 or 6 years.

Not all DNA mods are tough. I've had 3 mods (all 3 batt mods) die on me. I still have 3 DNA mods alive, 2 x 2 batt, and 1 x single mod still going after about 5 or 6 years.
Chance's are tho you would be able to sort out/repair the DNA mods tho. Or more of a chance than cheeper chip set mods. Just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom