What's new

A truly innovative online mixing platform.

Have you ever made your own DIY flavours?

• No, I am happy with mainstream e-liquid flavours.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet, but I have always wanted to make my own.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes, I have actually already tried Dripper Labs!

• Yes, but it's not for me: results were disappointing.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, but it's not for me: too much time and effort.

• Yes! There is a lot to learn, but I am getting there.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes! I am a a mixing god.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
I suppose later on Dripper Labs could add a new tab showing the metrics of eliquids so it could give new users an idea on how to create their own.

Also they could update how you create a recipe later on depending on the creators mixing experience so as it is, the current method could be for beginners with semi-premixed concentrates and one for more advanced users with individual concentrates. Not sure if it’s possible but it’s an idea.

Personally I think you're missing a potentially very lucrative trick with where you're at with this.

Others have said it would be good to use mainstream named single concentrates.

I see you not doing so as a huge and fundamental flaw.

If you were to take that advice on board you would be able to take your concept to the next level.

There are without a doubt hundreds of brilliant diy recipies for every great commercial one out there that would never make it to production.

I'd bet my house that non mixing vapers would jump at the chance to buy mixes of them.

A large portion of great DIY recipies are released openly for folk to use so if you progressed to this level non mixers could log on to your website and select a recipie of something they want.

Finally as your platform stands the user in all honesty has absolutely no idea what's going to pop out the other end so on that basis I'd be out!
^^ This man gets it IMO.

Personally, I think DLs blending their own standardised flavour profiles is a problem. Nobody knows what they are getting until it's too late (they've bought, paid for and tried them).

For the punter, it's just another juice gamble. And a gamble for every flavour. Because even if I think your hazelnut is awesome, I might not like your coffee or tobacco profiles. Plus a coffee mix might benefit from a different hazelnut flavour to a tobacco mix.

On the other hand, one click from a recipe site to a bottle of that juice mix in your basket = winner.

I DIY, and I'd even do it myself tbh.

Last edited:
Personally I see this as a middle ground between pre mixed and DIY . I know a few vapers who want to diy but can’t be arsed with the hassle or just haven’t plucked up the courage to enter into the diy world.

It can take along time to find that all day vape unicorn and cost a few £££, your service bridges that gap offering vapers an opportunity to diy with out the mess and helps them make a more informed decision.

I think truth be told its all about your recipes. If vapers like them and have been tested and reviewed then it will do well, if they are mediocre then folk will give it a pass and stick with one shots and the like that are tried and tested.

Hey dovpo - Couldn't agree more - quality of ingredients is EVERYTHING. All the fancy tech in the world won't make an idea work if the flavours and quality aren't up to scratch.
Our customer satisfaction speaks for itself - quality is great. In fact a customer perhaps said it best "I knew they would be good, because you wouldn't have spent 2 years building a machine if they were sh*t! But I wasn't excepting them to be this good.".

Personally I think you're missing a potentially very lucrative trick with where you're at with this.

Others have said it would be good to use mainstream named single concentrates.

I see you not doing so as a huge and fundamental flaw.

If you were to take that advice on board you would be able to take your concept to the next level.

There are without a doubt hundreds of brilliant diy recipies for every great commercial one out there that would never make it to production.

I'd bet my house that non mixing vapers would jump at the chance to buy mixes of them.

A large portion of great DIY recipies are released openly for folk to use so if you progressed to this level non mixers could log on to your website and select a recipie of something they want.

Finally as your platform stands the user in all honesty has absolutely no idea what's going to pop out the other end so on that basis I'd be out!

Hey Mr Ripple,

This has been suggested, particularly form a commercial point having known names on the line like 'Heisenberg' does have some curb appeal.
There is also no technical reason that we couldn't have as many concentrates from all walks of life on the production line.

There is also a downside to doing this for non-expert mixers. Using 2-3 strawberry concentrates to round that one flavour element out brings complexity back into the mix. Makes it overwhelming again for new comers who are looking not necessarily looking to become experts.

Recipe sharing sites cover this need off fairly well, recipes are open source, lists of supplies needed are easy to buy.
There would obviously be huge benefits longer term to having all concentrates available on the platform, and over time we will get closer and closer to that but we don't see it as a flaw or an issue for where we are today. We have started the journey with hand crafted, well rounded individual elements and the vast majority of customers are not particularly interested in what concentrates are used - they just judge the resulting quality which speaks for itself.

I cannot deny that placing your first order with us would require trust, and you don't know what you're going to get no.
You can read reviews either of us or the flavours, you can judge for yourself if we look like a credible, reputable company, website - but placing an order will be a leap of faith just like any other juice purchase of a new brand or flavour.

After that first order it is completely different!
You have sampled multiple flavours and confidence in the platform, pouring and quality is high.
You have 10-15 reference points for different ingredients, strengths they were used and results.
These are transferable learnings that mean creators are very quickly able to create new ADVs in 1-2 revisions at most.

I can see why you think its 'pot luck' or a 'gamble' but actually our experience so far is that people have a far higher confidence in the transparency of seeing their recipe than picking a bottle up off the shelf. The risk that remains I am not sure is any different to making or copying a DIY recipe for the first time or in fact picking a bottle up in a shop?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply,
We have taken note - more concentrates and individual elements would be a good thing :)

Cheers
Nick

Last edited:
Hey dovpo - Couldn't agree more - quality of ingredients is EVERYTHING. All the fancy tech in the world won't make an idea work if the flavours and quality aren't up to scratch.
Our customer satisfaction speaks for itself - quality is great. In fact a customer perhaps said it best "I knew they would be good, because you wouldn't have spent 2 years building a machine if they were sh*t! But I wasn't excepting them to be this good.".
Well , I’ll give a shout next time I run a community tester event the guys are very honest in those.

^^ This man gets it IMO.

Personally, I think DLs blending their own standardised flavour profiles is a problem. Nobody knows what they are getting until it's too late (they've bought, paid for and tried them).

For the punter, it's just another juice gamble. And a gamble for every flavour. Because even if I think your hazelnut is awesome, I might not like your coffee or tobacco profiles. Plus a coffee mix might benefit from a different hazelnut flavour to a tobacco mix.

On the other hand, one click from a recipe site to a bottle of that juice mix in your basket = winner.

I DIY, and I'd even do it myself tbh.

Hey MHL,

Would it be fair to say: its only a problem if they are bad?
Either individual ingredients or recipes people are making?
E.g. in the example you gave you don't know what your getting until its too late.

So, for sure if they were bad we wouldn't have a business regardless of how the liquids get poured.
If that is the case - we are doomed regardless.

Agree with you and Mr Ripple - there is risk! Try us = risk (all be it mitigated by some research, reviews, or talking with us)
But there is also, as yo say, Reward = If it is not bad, if the quality is good, the flavour repeatable - then customers have a whole new way to enjoy custom e-liquid conveniently.

Again I am really not trying to say you are wrong - just openly debating it from our perspective as well...

In summary so far:
Limited flavours today compared to DIY - yes, gotta start somewhere, does make it easier to work at a level above individual concentrates also.
Choosing any new supplier is risky, as is copying a DIY recipe or a random flavour of the shelf - we are no different.
If we didn't have a quality product, we would be doomed regardless of brand, service and everything else.
We get messages pretty much everyday from new customers who are absolutely bowled over by their experience in that respect.

We do also check customer recipes before we pour to check for any obvious oversites, like massive lack of flavour for example more than poor pairings. If you want a mint custard that's up to you, but we do make sure you have a solid recipe. So no one's getting sent a real dog! :)

I think dovpo said it well , we are a bridge between mainstream premium e-liquid and full on DIY not trying to replace either, just trying to do something new in the world of vape and put flavour first above the branding of the bottle etc.

Cheers again guys, loving the discussions,
Nick

Last edited:
Hey MHL,
Would it be fair to say: its only a problem if they are bad?
Nick

I guess so, but when it comes to flavourings, good and bad is so subjective.

My feeling is that your business would benefit from using branded flavours directly as opposed to mixing your own, and that if you could import mixes directly from eliquid recipe sites you would be on to a great big stonking winner.

But that's just my 2c... can't fault your creativity or your passion and it's good to have you here on POTV.

Back
Top Bottom