What's new

All about the money

There's a lot of over reaction going on at the moment. I can sort of understand it, maybe, but you only have to cough and people get jumpy. A runny nose, sneezing and loose chesty cough are not covid-19 symptoms. Obviously a cold to me but hey ho, what can you do.
It was the cough and her taste going that they said meant she needs to take it. Originally I was tempted to say I'm not staying in, the next day my knee went and I've been on the couch since! I'm taking that as a sign! :18:

That's ridiculous. To me, it's obvious if it's a cold. Totally different symptoms. Doctor is just playing it safe. Way over the top.

If you look at a list of symptoms of Covid 19, many of them are the same type of thing you would get if you had a cold or flu. The only way someone with a mild case of Covid is going to know they’ve had it is to get tested.

If you look at a list of symptoms of Covid 19, many of them are the same type of thing you would get if you had a cold or flu. The only way someone with a mild case of Covid is going to know they’ve had it is to get tested.
I've not seen anywhere where a runny or blocked nose and congestion are symptoms of covid 19. Certainly not without a high temperature.

We started off saying, not a chance. I think she's asked me about 5 times now what I'll do if she's positive. We went from 100% sure to maybe 90%. If everyone with a cold in winter needs to get tested and isolate we might as well shut the country down for a bit again.

We started off saying, not a chance. I think she's asked me about 5 times now what I'll do if she's positive. We went from 100% sure to maybe 90%. If everyone with a cold in winter needs to get tested and isolate we might as well shut the country down for a bit again.
But that would definitely fuck the country up. We'd end up poorer than central Africa which could kill millions more through poverty. We need to crack on and work through it.
The "stay at home " brigade won't like that last statement but it's what needs to be done. You can't hide from every danger and not expect severe consequences.

But that would definitely fuck the country up. We'd end up poorer than central Africa which could kill millions more through poverty. We need to crack on and work through it.
The "stay at home " brigade won't like that last statement but it's what needs to be done. You can't hide from every danger and not expect severe consequences.

Is that a broad brush or aimed at people who work from home? There is a big between homeworkers and those who want to hide indoors for the rest of their lives.

I've not seen anywhere where a runny or blocked nose and congestion are symptoms of covid 19. Certainly not without a high temperature.
That’s not what I said.

I don’t have an answer for that, I didn’t say I had the solution to the situation, did I? Our gov have reduced the symptoms on their list to 3 (Cough / Fever / Loss of smell & taste) to suit their agenda - get the country moving again. Great - only in reality there are quite a few other possible symptoms of coronavirus too, it’s not like I’ve made that up, they’re pretty easy to find online.

20FF758C-B612-4384-BB59-A6E1FC86B110.png

Is that a broad brush or aimed at people who work from home? There is a big between homeworkers and those who want to hide indoors for the rest of their lives.

I think it was mostly a dig at me, for daring to suggest that symptoms of a cold can be similar to Covid 19, which really shouldn’t be news to anyone at this point.

Broad brush. Not digging at anyone. Just my opinion.
Edit. Just to clarify Andy, I meant the people who are being paid to stay at home and don't want to go back to work.
Anybody who is on furlough and wants to work or is working from home, or are at home because of a serious physical health condition I have no problem with. That's fair does.
I know of atleast one person who's been on furlough since the start and now the company has started up again, they miraculously get "sick" and stay at home for longer. Nothing wrong with them.

Last edited:
Maybe look at it this way - if you were having to work next to someone with those symptoms, would you rather they went home and got tested or would you rather ignore it. It's not an easy answer?

Back
Top Bottom