What's new

All about the money

I think it was mostly a dig at me, for daring to suggest that symptoms of a cold can be similar to Covid 19, which really shouldn’t be news to anyone at this point.
Get a grip. I wasn't digging at you at all. I was just stating that a runny nose etc was not a covid-19 symptom. Others, like a dry cough and the like, yes.
People (generally, not just you, incase you think I'm singling you out again) are getting very snappy of late. I prefer to enjoy life where I can and get on with it.

Maybe look at it this way - if you were having to work next to someone with those symptoms, would you rather they went home and got tested or would you rather ignore it. It's not an easy answer?
Yes Crew, symptoms, but I was just trying to say that a runny or blocked nose with congestion was not a covid-19 symptom. That I'm aware of anyway. It's 99% likely to be a cold. Most people have had enough of them to recognize that.

Yes Crew, symptoms, but I was just trying to say that a runny or blocked nose with congestion was not a covid-19 symptom. That I'm aware of anyway. It's 99% likely to be a cold. Most people have had enough of them to recognize that.
They have, but perhaps most people have not had Covid-19 and know enough to tell the difference? Not one of the major symptoms, perhaps, but runny nose and congestion ARE on many lists of possible symptoms. As below. Agreed, it's probably an 'on the safe side thing' ......... but it's there?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

ScreenHunter 443.png

They have, but perhaps most people have not had Covid-19 and know enough to tell the difference? Not one of the major symptoms, perhaps, but runny nose and congestion ARE on many lists of possible symptoms. As below. Agreed, it's probably an 'on the safe side thing' ......... but it's there?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

View attachment 227117
Ok. I admit, I was wrong. Didn't realise they'd added that to the list. Seems like they're adding everything to me [emoji6]
What if someone had congestion and no other symptoms, no fever, no sore throat etc. Should they get a test or stay out of people's way for a couple of days to see !

Ok. I admit, I was wrong. Didn't realise they'd added that to the list. Seems like they're adding everything to me [emoji6]
What if someone had congestion and no other symptoms, no fever, no sore throat etc. Should they get a test or stay out of people's way for a couple of days to see !
It does seem like a stir-fry on those lists. Mainly due to the fact that nobody's really sure I suspect. :)

Simple answer is get tested. If negative crack on, positive then isolate. Obviously isolate until the test result comes through though.

Get a grip. I wasn't digging at you at all. I was just stating that a runny nose etc was not a covid-19 symptom. Others, like a dry cough and the like, yes.
People (generally, not just you, incase you think I'm singling you out again) are getting very snappy of late. I prefer to enjoy life where I can and get on with it.

You were stating something which you now admit was wrong. The runny nose has been a possible symptom since the start, it was on the U.K. gov’s list when I had a virus Mid-March. Don’t worry about me getting snappy with you again, I’ll put you on my ignore list. If you were capable of any empathy you might understand how your dismissive referral to the ‘stay at home brigade’ might piss off somebody you’re obviously including in that group, who has no option but to stay home. I can do without patronising pricks like that in my life tbh, so it’s win - win :grin2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom