What's new

Apes to the ready! Forum update time...

I'll stay away from this one, I've only just finished reviving my system after Bindows 10 destroyed it, Back on 8.1 and sick of fiddling for a while, Good luck with the testing though and I await the newly Terraformed planet with interest...:D

I'm good at breaking things, especially websites! Lol

**Thank you! PM Sent. junglist**

Last edited by a moderator:
The app will stay the same but the site will be fully mobile responsive, doing away with the need for the app we hope!
I'm sure it will look great, the problem with trying to eliminate the app is you lose the ability to receive push notifications on mobile devices, which are quite important to me and I'm sure a few others. But if the site remains Crapatalk enabled and is kept maintained with updated plugins I am sure it won't be a problem.

I'm sure it will look great, the problem with trying to eliminate the app is you lose the ability to receive push notifications on mobile devices, which are quite important to me and I'm sure a few others. But if the site remains Crapatalk enabled and is kept maintained with updated plugins I am sure it won't be a problem.

Not eliminating it at all. Just giving better options for visitors

If you're updating the app, please enable an option to mark classies as completed or sold. Also the ability to ignore someone on the app.

Will it update the app aswell or just on desktop got a night shift tonight so il have a bash iff that's ok

Yes, we'll be keeping tapatalk on there and will keep the app up to date as well. Saw an email today that there is a new version coming out soon. With the forum you should get email alerts the same as you get push notifications if you want them. Or are there things that you want alerts for that you don't get via email on here. You can subscribe to threads and forums etc to make sure you get notified of updates. Like OccultScientist said, the forum will be much better on phone browsers (responsive) so you should get all the forum functionality which you don't currently get on the app but with what you said about push notifications then I can see why the app would appeal more to some apes.

If you're updating the app, please enable an option to mark classies as completed or sold. Also the ability to ignore someone on the app.

We don't have any control over the app unfortunately, it is a third party plug in. I know the classifieds thing is a pain in the rear and I am surprised too that the ignore feature doesn't work. If you are interested then try the new forum on your phone and see what it is like editing the classifieds compared to the app. Using the browser on your phone to view the forum also means that get all the forum functionality like the ignore list etc. Shout me if you want a peek, or if not check it out when it goes live and let us know.

The reason for this thread is to get as many of the regular forum users to check it out to make sure that it is fit for purpose and isn't going to cause too many problems when it goes live from people saying it doesn't work for them or they expect it to be able to do things it doesn't. So feel free to jump in and try it!

I will happily give it a go

**Thank you! PM Sent. junglist**

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it update the app aswell or just on desktop got a night shift tonight so il have a bash iff that's ok

Hi mate, no - the update is just the forum when looked at on the browser. But as I said in the previous post, if you are used to using the app then try loading the link I am about to send you up in the browser on your phone and see how it compares to the app. I have just tried editing classifeds and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom