What's new

Asking for a favour, Vape Expo May 2023.

MetalVape90

Achiever
It’s a bit of a long shot but is anyone driving down to the Vape Expo on the Saturday for the day along the A50 route or doesn’t mind taking a small detour down the A50 cause I’m looking to get a car share if it’s possible. I don’t trust the trains cause of the strikes and I’m also nervous about getting lost when using the trains. I’ll chip in for fuel for the journey there and back obviously.

(Edit)
Ideally if you’re travelling from the Derby or Nottingham area.

Got a lift with @Chris K and Liz for the October Expo last year but I’m unable to get a lift from them this time cause they’ve got a stall at the Expo this year.

If anyone is able to help out we’ll sort out the arrangements and I would greatly appreciate it, even buy you a beer on top of the fuel money lol.

Last edited:
It’s a bit of a long shot but is anyone driving down to the Vape Expo on the Saturday for the day along the A50 route or doesn’t mind taking a small detour down the A50 cause I’m looking to get a car share if it’s possible. I don’t trust the trains cause of the strikes and I’m also nervous about getting lost when using the trains. I’ll chip in for fuel for the journey there and back obviously.

(Edit)

Got a lift with @Chris K and Liz for the October Expo last year but I’m unable to get a lift from them this time cause they’ve got a stall at the Expo this year.

If anyone is able to help out we’ll sort out the arrangements and I would greatly appreciate it, even buy you a beer on top of the fuel money lol.
If I can get the time off. I’ll be going by train. So we could buddy up, for the journey, possibly.

would you be passing through Derby by train if you’re able to go?
I’m in Leicester. I believe the train goes through Derby via Leicester to Birmingham. So we would meet up in Leicester. I’m currently looking into how I’ll get to the Center, as I’m a wheelchair user. I’m guessing it’ll probably need a cab.

There's a causeway linking the rail station to the NEC. About a 15min walk and all covered if memory serves.

I’m in Leicester. I believe the train goes through Derby via Leicester to Birmingham. So we would meet up in Leicester. I’m currently looking into how I’ll get to the Center, as I’m a wheelchair user. I’m guessing it’ll probably need a cab.
Ah we’ll have to plan a bit more cause it’ll be complicated to travel to Leicester and backtracking to the NEC.

(Edit)

have you tried looking into getting a national express coach from derby to Nec will work out cheaper than by train..

have you tried looking into getting a national express coach from derby to Nec will work out cheaper than by train..
Think the last time I checked it took hours to get to the NEC cause it traveled from Derby to Nottingham then to Leicester before heading to the NEC but I’ll look again to check their routes.

Meet at New Street as that'd be quicker than Derby-Leicester-New Street-NEC/International. Means travelling from Derby solo but saves changes & 1hr+ travel time.

Meet at New Street as that'd be quicker than Derby-Leicester-New Street-NEC/International. Means travelling from Derby solo but saves changes & 1hr+ travel time.
Yeah, sorry there @MajorVape. I got my train directions mixed up.:30:

however, it’s only 30 min to Leicester. And the trains are @30 (ish)min intervals. So, at a push, it could work.

It depends how comfortable, you are, with travelling to BHam solo.

Back
Top Bottom