What's new

Bad batch of VG or PG?

Tazz

Legend
Hi guys. Not happy right now. Over the last few weeks I have mixed up some juices. 2 litres of various flavours. Most I leave for 4 or more but a few can be used after a couple of weeks.
So the other day I fill up on a Licorice marshmallow. Vaping it and thinking "this is weak, not real sweet either, maybe I forgot the sweetener. Added a few drops to the bottle. Next day try it and tastes the same, weak and muted. Maybe its a dud coil. Put a new coil in. Nope the same. Try a fruit one, same, weak and low on sweetness. So I taste test them all on my finger. Was like they had just half the concentrate flavours and I'd forgot to sweeten them. But I hadn't, I know as I spent hours making them all.
It can only be either a bad batch of VG or Pg.
I'm absolutely dirty on this as they're all rubbish and I need to order more VG and Pg as I can't trust which is doing it.
Anyone else had this happen?

I'm pretty sure its not possible for PG to go bad but VG can sour but you would notice that.
Look elsewhere for the issue bud.

I'm pretty sure its not possible for PG to go bad but VG can sour but you would notice that.
Look elsewhere for the issue bud.
Hi mate, more along the lines I'm thinking of a low quality batch of either. They were both from recently purchased lots I hadn't used before. Much of the concentrates, all of the sweetener and Nic is not new and I've had no previous issues. The only new factor really is the VG and Pg.

I find if I’m about to come down with a cold or something all my juices a few days before start to taste meh

Did you shake all the flavours enough first. Are you shaking the mix up before sampling
Yeah, all the above. Actually got a concentrate by accident, with stuff in it I didn't want. Little tester with the older vg,/pg tasted rich. Just tried the 60ml one with the new stuff and its like I put half of the actual flavour in it than I actually did. Just did a search and found this. :(

https://diyordievaping.com/2018/08/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vg-pg-⚗️-quicktips/

Yeah, all the above. Actually got a concentrate by accident, with stuff in it I didn't want. Little tester with the older vg,/pg tasted rich. Just tried the 60ml one with the new stuff and its like I put half of the actual flavour in it than I actually did. Just did a search and found this. :(

https://diyordievaping.com/2018/08/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vg-pg-⚗️-quicktips/
Could be that Tazz. There have been occasions over here where a supplier or two has been reputed to have watered down the bases. That would make them weak for sure.
No point asking if you're storing them correctly because this ain't your first rodeo is it?

New supplier? Or New management of an old supplier?

Could be that Tazz. There have been occasions over here where a supplier or two has been reputed to have watered down the bases. That would make them weak for sure.
No point asking if you're storing them correctly because this ain't your first rodeo is it?

New supplier? Or New management of an old supplier?
Hi mate. One I've used before but, maybe there was a reason for a short time there they were selling the VG and PG way cheaper than usual, whilst others raised their prices a few bucks. Im thinking about it now. It was dropped from $11 for 500 ml to $6 for 500 ml, now back up. It might have been an unload of some crap. Maybe he got done and passed on his good fortune.

If you're not sure which it is, try a bit plain - like unflavoured, no nic, just the VG or PG.

Back
Top Bottom