What's new

Bang and sparks

phillyg15

Postman
Ipv mini v2 , just recieved it and put my battery in and atomiser on top put it at 10w and pressed the fire button , it made a loud bang and sparked I t flew out of my hand I shit myself , why has it done that are they known for doing that ??

1.Was it a new one or second hand purchase?
2. What brand of battery were you using???
The IPV Mini V2 has reverse battery protection, so I think you've had a short some where or a battery not up to spec

What Sony battery is it and where did you get it from? Is the battery visibly damaged? Any damage on the inside of the mod? What atty were you using? @phillyg15

It's a Sony 18650vtc5 high drain battery bought 2 on ebay there is no damage to the battery am using the nautilus mini , the ipv is still turning on just can't get any power off it , gutted

Who on eBay did you buy em from? The vtc5 are infamous for being widely faked so unless it was a reputable vendor they could be counterfeit. Do you have a multimeter to check what voltage the batteries were at? Contact the vendor you bought the ipv from they should be able to sort you out

Regardless of the cell, surely the ipv shouldn't react like that.

It does sound like a device fault. I remember you saying you got it from myepack. Give ash and the team a call and they should be able to sort you out.

Back
Top Bottom