What's new

BAT Jumps On 'What About The Children' Bandwagon

Tobacco firm calls for tougher rules on vapes

Yes, I thought this typical of Big Tobacco, acknowledged in the article -
The company also wants a ban on soft drink, sweet or dessert flavours such as gummy bear or cotton candy, which it says appeal “uniquely” to the young.

BAT doesn’t sell these flavours...
“We recognise that some want single-use vapes banned altogether,” said Asli Ertonguc, BAT lead for the UK. “But we are concerned such a move would lead to unregulated sales, and less options for adult smokers looking to switch.”

BAT wants a ban on cartoon imagery on packets. However, it does not support a ban on colourful packaging, nor on advertising or sports sponsorship – as it argues that these are still an important way to convince smokers to switch. BAT sponsors the motor racing team McLaren.
Err... it is well known amongst all Tobacco Harm Reduction advocates that choice in flavours is probably the most important aspect of vaping to get people to switch...
But no, BAT is choosing to ignore that aspect, so they can try to increase it's oligopoly (with the other Big Tobacco companies).
BAT is the third-largest seller of vapes in the UK, according to market research firm NielsenIQ.

So they want licenses and for licenses to be taken away from any business caught selling to kids. Fine, lets do that for fags then and since I smoked their Rothmans when I was a kid we'll take their license away and put them out of business. :)

Companies like theirs use their financial muscle to pay lobbyists with access to politicians so what do they want. Ban all the flavours they don't sell. Don't ban disposables, completely ignoring the massive amount of battery and plastic waste they create. Oh! And lets pretend they give a toss about kids.

As you say. Laughable. :hugs:

Ban Haribo marketing kids sweets to adults. Oh but they are flavours for adults in that case.

Back
Top Bottom