What's new

Battery issues

Razuddin

Postman
Guys,

I bought some exo 21700s this time last year to use on my dovpo topside. Used 2 batteries in rotation, for around 5 months and then moved to my billetbox. This meant my exos got left aside as they were not being used.

Ive thrown them in my xtar mc6 charger to charge them up, but no dice. It doesnt seem to want to charge them. I know batteries shouldnt drop below a certain volts, i thought id be fine leaving them aside. What could the issue be? Batteries? Charger?

Are the batteries bin fodder now? Or can they be revived?

Thank you buddy, had a read of that.

I did try recharging it but my xtar just will not register the batteries. I even tried charging via my topside but that didnt work.

Its a shame, for batteries with such low usage they just died. Ive had some lg batteries coming onto 2 years now and they aint been used in ages but can always be thrown in the charger and used for emergencies if needed

No dice gents, left it for ages on my xtar but nothing happens. Tried chucking it in the dovpo topside n charging it via that, even that didnt work. Going to try and check the voltage with a multimeter tomorrow.

Looks like i may need to contact the vendor to see if anything can be done, or fialing that order some new 21700s.

I don't think any vendor will offer much in the way of support - if they've gone deep discharge there's a chance they'll not react well to high rate use even if you can get them to charge with various 'tricks'. Oftentimes they'll be fine, especially if you over discharge them but get them back on charge quickly.

For the cost of cells I wouldn't personally chance it though.

you will need a multimeter first . then I can help you see if we can revive them . the idea is that when they are in sleep mode the voltage is to low and most chargers will not charge them as a safety feature . if you manage to get the voltage up a bit they will charge again. there are limits and not all are fixable. I done this many times but I have all the tools and 20 years of electronics experience. you can "jumpstart" with a coin cell, 2 aa batteries.. but you need the cheapest digital multimeter to be able to see what is happening.

I don't think any vendor will offer much in the way of support - if they've gone deep discharge there's a chance they'll not react well to high rate use even if you can get them to charge with various 'tricks'. Oftentimes they'll be fine, especially if you over discharge them but get them back on charge quickly.

For the cost of cells I wouldn't personally chance it though.
Im happy to fork out on new cells, just thought id attemtp to revive them first at least. Just a bit suprised at how these have just died. Ive had some lg brown batteries that ive had since i started vaping (between 2 to 3 years). And these are infrequently used but have never died like the exos.

Even if i could revive them, i want to be sure theyd be safe to use. Any risk and id be binning them. Not risking my face for the sake of a few pounds.

you will need a multimeter first . then I can help you see if we can revive them . the idea is that when they are in sleep mode the voltage is to low and most chargers will not charge them as a safety feature . if you manage to get the voltage up a bit they will charge again. there are limits and not all are fixable. I done this many times but I have all the tools and 20 years of electronics experience. you can "jumpstart" with a coin cell, 2 aa batteries.. but you need the cheapest digital multimeter to be able to see what is happening.
Thanks buddy, il defintaly stick my multimeter on then tonight to see the state of play and report back

Back
Top Bottom