What's new

Battle of the 21700 higher end mech squonkers

Dozwold

Postman
Hi All,

So after trying many regulated 21700 mods and a small handful of 18650 and 20700 mechs, there is no doubt in my mind that even the 18650 mechs (with a good battery) just hit smoother and are more powerful producing a fast full slightly cooler vape for my style of vaping (0.2 ohms).

So I narrowed it down to the final two 21700 mechs squonker, as why not go all out :)

A. The Spade 21700
B. The SQ 21700.

To help me decide, has anyone actually tried both? Perhaps tried them both at least in 18650 versions (obviously good enough if they are very similar to the new 21700 versions). I realise they are both pretty new, but as they are on the pricey side, want to make the correct investment.

So looking a the following variables:

1. The harder hitting one,
2. The smaller (and hopefully lighter more comfortable mod),
3. The bigger squonk bottle,
4. Ease to clean any parts when needed,
5. Which looks and feels more high end?
6. Which will work better out the box without adjusting the 510 or similar.
7. The safer one, and I mean as safe as you can get with a mech without a button blocker/ ‘off switch’, so specifically I guess it’s about the durability of the button and its springs and mechanical operation (eg thedotsquonker started firing on its own on me after a few months use, just sitting on the shelf, out of the blue, button not even pressed, which is pretty bad and dangerous and seems like crap button/firing internal mechanism to me. Something inside seems to have broken down over time, and I don’t like that at all, specifically as I tend to leave a battery inside occasionally.

Advice appreciated if anyone has knowledge of both.
Ta.

dunno why you'd want any viscous ant stuff, anything goes wrong good luck , support the homegrown sq 21

I've used the 18650 SQ.

It was very good. Well built, felt natural in the hand, good weight to it without being too heavy. Only little niggle was the manually adjustable 510 but not sure if they are using same 510 for the 21700.

If I had both placed in front of me, I'd take the SQ 21700 everytime over the VA.

Though... If I was set on a new 21700, I'd either talk to @vapesmarter and see if he would be willing to make a custom or, if not, Chris Birks at Affordable Mods.

agree vapersmarter or these guys :)
wp_ss_20180915_0008.png

wp_ss_20180915_0016.png
wp_ss_20180915_0014.png
wp_ss_20180915_0013.png

Last edited:
I would have to say go with Vapesmarter or Tippy. You cannot beat custom made mods. My 'Strange' mod by Vapesmarter, whilst not a mech, is a gorgeous 20700 device that I cannot put down.

:11::11::11:

That second one down! Looks like a block of ice frozen around wood! Now that is lovely!!!

(Not as lovely as Vapesmarters mod at VF though) What happened to that @vapesmarter ? Hope it went to a very good home, it was a work of art!

Fluke is being sorted soon @junglist is on the case he is a busy bunny though keeping my home here clean and tidy :14:

Back
Top Bottom