What's new

BBC Filming - Urgent support needed

vapfill

Vendor
Hi all,
Our shop opened today but we are still waiting on lots of deliveries including our retail counters and a whole bunch of hardware.
I got a call from the BBC about an hour ago asking if they can come around with their camera crew and interviewers to do a piece that they can show on World Vaping Day, 19th September. There is a really nice vape friendly pub across the road and the BBC would like to film the shop on a busy day and then go across to the pub with some of our regular customers (which we haven't really got at the moment because we just opened).

This is where you come in. I can confirm the BBC will get here, sometime on Wednesday afternoon, 18th September , can any of you come over and help to support the cause. It will probably mean you will be on TV. If you can, will you let me know either via a PM or preferably on this thread so we can all see who can make it. Once the BBC have gone we can perhaps have a mini vape meet in the pub. (this is a given really)

Thanks to everyone for their support so far and I really hope we can make this work well and get our message out there.
Cheers,
Phil

Our shop name is Berkshire Vapers at 35 Prospect Street, Caversham, Reading, RG4 8JB and the pub name is The Prince of Wales a few doors up on the opposite side of the road.

Update (including last email from the BBC)

I also need to find two companies, one in Berkshire and the other in Oxfordshire that fancy some free publicity on the BBC by tomorrow. If any of you work for a company that allows vaping in work/at the desk and would allow this to be filmed there is certainly some free publicity that a company would normaly pay through the nose for. I also need to find a pub in Oxfordshire that has some vapers willing to filmed in the pub and chat about vaping. If any of you could provide me names of companies or pubs wanting some publicity and can provide on site vapers willing to talk then please let me know, ideally by tomorrow early afternoon. I've copied the last email I received from the "Senior Broadcast Journalist" below for you to get a better idea.

We'll certainly use the pub near you.
If you could find a workplace in Oxfordshire AND one in Berkshire or Hampshire that would be great!
Sorry for giving you a list!
If we can find examples of these things more widely across the patch then it gives us the opportunity of broadcasting this piece to a wider transmission area and bigger audience.
Hope that makes sense, and thank you so much for your help

Use the share options to the right and lets see if we can make this happen on such short notice!

Ive tweeted it, shared it on our FB page and 2 groups, as well as stuck it on tumblr

Thanks for all the support so far. Don't forget we are also looking for 2 businesses, one in Berkshire and one in Oxfordshire and also a pub in Oxfordshire that are vaping friendly and can provide some vapers for the BBC to film and talk to. I've never been very good with social media stuff so thanks to everyone for your support. This is a brilliant opportunity to get our voices heard. World Vaping Day is on the 19th which is the reason they want to film on the 18th for a 19th September transmission. This could really help to influence MP's and key people if we do it right and do it quickly.

Cheers,
Phil

Come on guys. There has got to be a bunch of vapers that can...
1. Come along to the shop filming in the afternoon
2. Meet up at the Prince of Wales pub opposite the shop for a mini vape meet at about 5pm
3. Suggest a workplace both in Berkshire and Oxfordshire that allows vaping on their premises and would like some free BBC publicity
4. Suggest a pub in Oxfordshire that allows vaping on their premises and would like some free BBC publicity

Come on guys. There has got to be a bunch of vapers that can...
1. Come along to the shop filming in the afternoon
2. Meet up at the Prince of Wales pub opposite the shop for a mini vape meet at about 5pm
3. Suggest a workplace both in Berkshire and Oxfordshire that allows vaping on their premises and would like some free BBC publicity
4. Suggest a pub in Oxfordshire that allows vaping on their premises and would like some free BBC publicity

Have you had no responses yet? Make sure to use the share links to the right of this thread and keep spreading the word. I can only do them so many times before I get reported as spamming :P

Back
Top Bottom