What's new

BBC: Should disposable vapes be banned?

JohnNada

Achiever
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-63037553

Have at it...

giphy.gif

I laughed at "People are shocked to find out there is a battery inside."

I liked the person who was happy to spend £5 per disposable every few days but didn't want to spend £20+ on reusable device because it might leak. Buy a fucking good one then!

Also:

"If the vape companies ran social media ads letting people know how to dispose of them, it would grab our attention," she suggested.

...because it's clearly too difficult to figure these things out without being told how to think by Facebook etc.

I think it's time...

1*-01Dr9JKcM1nj6L4Gjckxw.gif

It's called the 'nanny state', it rather seems now those who just throw them away are blameless.

I have a deep, possibly slightly irrational hatred for disposables.
Evey time a company that I like, jumps on the bandwagon I loose respect for them immediately.

My mother was a 40+ a day smoker, it took me several years and many many arguments to finally get her to quit.
I celebrated her success for Christmas by buying her one of my favorite mods and a decent rta that I promised lifetime free rebuild/rewicking for.

A few months down the line the disposable tirade began and not only did she stop using the gift, she lost it.

Dont get me wrong im glad shes not smoking but,
Now she spends almost as much on those stupid things as she used to on the stinky sticks.

I know the offence here should be assigned to my mother but I blame the disposables.

Fuck you disposables, fuck you all.

Might sound stupid but firstly they should stop calling them disposables as that's just telling people.e to throw them away , and maybe charge a extra quid which you get off your next one when you hand it back to a shop for recycling

Might sound stupid but firstly they should stop calling them disposables as that's just telling people.e to throw them away , and maybe charge a extra quid which you get off your next one when you hand it back to a shop for recycling

what do the shops do with them though? i suspect most of them are bought from newsagents and corner shops.

Back
Top Bottom