What's new

BBC Sounds: All Consuming; Vaping

It's pretty funny.

They seemed to latch on to very vague points about sweet flavours and bright colours quite hard when it suited their predefined conclusions.
And then when confronted with responses like
"I'm a 54 year old man and I like sweet things"
"I have colourful flavored gin in my basement, adults like flavours, just look at cocktails" they were quick to change the subject.

This is the sort of "news" article is just meant to scare monger in some circles and piss people off in others.
They were literally told "the products have been on the market for 15 years we know they're safer than cigarettes"
Then they immediately said "well we don't know the long term affects"
I don't know about you love but to me 15 years seems a pretty long time

All they really want to do is get people to click onto the BBC sounds app.

They haven't scared me off vaping they've just shown me that they were assigned a subject matter and rather than do the proper research they decided they would get more hits by clickbaiting.

The part when Samantha was acting all shocked about the environmental impact as if it were the first time she had herd of it during the recording. Even though she spoke to a shop owner about recycling lithium in the interview that had to have been pre recorded.

Yeah I'm not buying it.

The one point I do agree with is the concern about lithium recycling, it is a growing problem and I think if we are not careful disposables are going to ruin the vape industry within a couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the usual shite about America, Juul, big tobacco, blah fucking blah. Pathetic low quality programming, sped listened to some of the other broadcasts, equally shite tbh, whereon earth did they get those presenters from :11:

I mean look at the topics :doh:Just about to waste some time listening to the vinyl and turntable one, some other shit I really know about, I might end up :vom:

upload_2022-10-27_10-19-11.png

Charlotte and Amit appear to be part of a growing phenomenon, so called 'experts' on loads of stuff.

Back in school a few decades ago :17: I had a teacher who brought in a "astrological expert" who literally said
"erm... I used to have a telescope" before darting out of the class.
The running theory is that our teacher was either on drugs and he was really her dealer or the more outlandish yet oddly believable story is that he was a representative from the school board sent to cart the teacher off to askaban for releasing a monster into the school....
Wait that might have been the plot of Lord of the rings.

Anyways my point is just because someone says they are an expert doesnt mean they know anything.

You have to remember people are as thick as pig shit these days. It's easier for the masses to get their opinions handed to them on plate than it is to engage in any kind of critical thinking. I remember at the start of Covid the BBC had articles on how to wash your hands. I get it, there was global pandemic but FFS washing your hands properly should be basic knowledge regardless.

I'm staring at that BS podcast list and "plant-based meats" caught my eye...wtaf. Yes, I eat cow's, they eat grass, job done. I'm one degree of separation from vegetarian status it seems.

You have to remember people are as thick as pig shit these days. It's easier for the masses to get their opinions handed to them on plate than it is to engage in any kind of critical thinking. I remember at the start of Covid the BBC had articles on how to wash your hands. I get it, there was global pandemic but FFS washing your hands properly should be basic knowledge regardless.

Hospitals have instructions in toilets to tell you how to wash your hands, something to read while you're waiting for Godot.

Hospitals have instructions in toilets to tell you how to wash your hands, something to read while you're waiting for Godot.

I think it was the patronising tone of the BCC article that really ground my gears.

Back
Top Bottom