What's new

Best bang for your buck 200+ watt mods. (Preferably not an actual bang)

The insulator should be fixed to the 510 and independant of the pin.
Your insulator has come loose and if you don't take it apart and fix it the black wire as shown in the pic attached to the 510 could detach as happened to my blue one.
View attachment 134341 View attachment 134342

I have already sent my smok back to the seller but thank you for confirming this. I did have the mod for a week though before I noticed it should move independently and there ended up being slight wear on the bottom and atty rash so I'm hoping the seller won't try fob me off for that reason. I'm hoping he won't as I'm not sending it back for the wear it's the dodgy 510 I'm worried about.

Last edited:
Can't fault the Smoant Battlestar in any way, shape or form apart from the battery life.

The voltage cut off is a little higher than most mods so batteries need to be switched out more regularly. I was finding they still had about 20% charge left in them. If you have a couple of sets though and don't mind carrying spares then it's no bad thing, and probably preserves your batteries in the long run.

Other than that and the fact it's not firmware upgradable I can't recommend it enough, especially for the price.

[emoji1360]
How loud is the ticking?

Hi guys, thank you all for your help once again.

I emailed smoant about the ticking and the button rattle, and they told me they had fixed both the issues and I can order one from their site (not gna do that as per shipping time) if I can just find out how to distinguish between an old ticking model and a new silent one then I can check with UK based sellers which they stock.

Here is smoants reply

"

Hi Dan,
Thank you for getting in touch with us.
This two issues are already fixed, you can order it from our company's online store directly:
http://smoant-mall.com
Looking forward to your cooperation, thank you.

Best regards,
Kristy

Smoant Co.,Limited
Web: www.smoant.com

I have already sent my smok back to the seller but thank you for confirming this. I did have the mod for a week though before I noticed it should move independently and there ended up being slight wear on the bottom and atty rash so I'm hoping the seller won't try fob me off for that reason. I'm hoping he won't as I'm not sending it back for the wear it's the dodgy 510 I'm worried about.
You're welcome.

Battlestar is ok but too bulky. I like the look of that cuboid pro thing, although the screen seems a bit laggy to respond to finger touches.

I have an alien myself, great mod, no complaints with the features or performance, but the paint has started to lift where its held most. Its a few months old.

Battlestar is ok but too bulky. I like the look of that cuboid pro thing, although the screen seems a bit laggy to respond to finger touches.

I have an alien myself, great mod, no complaints with the features or performance, but the paint has started to lift where its held most. Its a few months old.
I quite like it's bulk (and apparently in real life it's even smaller than it looks in the videos)

I'm definitely not getting another alien. And I wouldn't touch a touch screen device (no pun intended) I know I would drop it eventually and I can just see it looking like a broken I phone.

Yea me neither, the smok procolor looks promising, but only if they have improved the paint quality.

Yea me neither, the smok procolor looks promising, but only if they have improved the paint quality.
I'm sure that they will have, my paint was pretty good, (it did have a little wear on the bottom of the device after been picked up and put down on a table for a week but nothing like what you see on video reviews, e.g. it peeling off with nothing more than a fingernail) it's their 510's I'm worried about, I've seen them pull out, my pin was sitting wonky and not working the way it should.

Yea same, well all the edges now, mines also started to lose small dots of paint on the firebar, looks tatty, kicks my OCD into overdrive, I tried covering it up with a permanent marker, which matched perfectly, but it doesn't stick, permanent my arse! :)

Yea same, well all the edges now, mines also started to lose small dots of paint on the firebar, looks tatty, kicks my OCD into overdrive, I tried covering it up with a permanent marker, which matched perfectly, but it doesn't stick, permanent my arse! :)
Try a woman's nail polish which matches, would be better on paint than a marker.

Back
Top Bottom