What's new

Best tank for High VG....

I'd suggest a mod upgrade is in order. 40w is woefully underpowered for most sub ohm tanks.
Jump up to 80w and I'd suggezt the Wismec Gnome. Good price, reasonable coil cost and longevity. With clouds and flavour that would satisfy most.

Thanks for the advice :)

The only issue is I want portability, I prefer and have for all the years I have been vaping always preferred the pen mods.

HOWEVER, I just realised I made a rookie error, I have the iJust3 mod, which I think goes up to 80W?

So, Edit, I have a 80W mod, what tanks would you suggest for high VG? :) 80/90VG.

Thank you!

Why? It's the coil, not the tank that determines the power and there are plenty of stock sub-ohm coils that work at well under 40W. I wouldn't be urging someone to double their power when I don't know how much nic they're using. If people didn't want low power devices they wouldn't exist.

I edited, I actually have an 80W mod, silly me.
However, I used 3mg maximum, sometimes lower :)

what do you class as high VG?
70vg fine in all subtanks
80vg touch and go. will work in quite a few but coils wont last as long.
90-100vg forget it. buildables only.

if you was using 50-70w it would be easier for me to advise

Hey mrdj! :) Well, it is an iJust3, so 80W, I made a mistake, any suggestions appreciated :) thank you!

Hey mrdj! :) Well, it is an iJust3, so 80W, I made a mistake, any suggestions appreciated :) thank you!
hi mate.
as you mentioned 80/90VG then id personally struggle to advise whats best out there. yes most will run 80vg but you might only get a few days out of a coil or dry hits which are not good for your throat.

ive got 44 tanks here now and i can honstly say the only one i trust with 80vg is wait for it....the Jac Vapour S22 tank. even their 1ohm mouth to lung coils can handle 80vg
but 90vg, i think is best in drippers only.

my top cloud tanks at the moment are
freemax mesh pro
skyline (£9.99 with bubble glass from ecigone) which takes freemax coils
vaporesso skrr
falcon king

im using the freemax on my 100w armour pro and run it at 60w using the double coil at work and it is my fave for great flavour.
these would be the best coils for 50-60w
KANTHAL SINGLE 0.15 = 40-70W
KANTHAL DOUBLE 0.2 = 60-90W

not sure of your mod though as its quite big tank so may overhang.

Image2909532560384502239.jpg

Whatcha think about the fireluke mesh tank ? They have it at my shop. And coils for it at my shop are 5.50 a coil.

Edit prolly cheaper for me to buy the coils online

You could alwsys look at the Nunchuku tank. Sold for less than £20 with reasonable coil prices £10-12 for 5.

I edited, I actually have an 80W mod, silly me.
However, I used 3mg maximum, sometimes lower :)
Lol. I always vape at 1.5mg but tend to use 70-80% vg.
Check the lowest ohm your mod is rated to deal with, even though its 80w rated. Some won't fire below .2ohm.

hi mate.
as you mentioned 80/90VG then id personally struggle to advise whats best out there. yes most will run 80vg but you might only get a few days out of a coil or dry hits which are not good for your throat.

ive got 44 tanks here now and i can honstly say the only one i trust with 80vg is wait for it....the Jac Vapour S22 tank. even their 1ohm mouth to lung coils can handle 80vg
but 90vg, i think is best in drippers only.

my top cloud tanks at the moment are
freemax mesh pro
skyline (£9.99 with bubble glass from ecigone) which takes freemax coils
vaporesso skrr
falcon king

im using the freemax on my 100w armour pro and run it at 60w using the double coil at work and it is my fave for great flavour.
these would be the best coils for 50-60w
KANTHAL SINGLE 0.15 = 40-70W
KANTHAL DOUBLE 0.2 = 60-90W

not sure of your mod though as its quite big tank so may overhang.

View attachment 189250

Hey, thank you for all the information, really appreciate it mate! :)

So, the the Jac Vapour S22 tank, that is a surprise! Especially as it is listed as a starter kit, now I am intrigued! :)

How is it on the 0.5 coil? I am used to a pretty loose draw now, is it quite airy on 0.5?

Thank you again! :)

ahh, just checked and its a fixed output depending on the battery tube mod. https://www.eleafworld.co.uk/ijust-3-e-cig-kit-and-e-liquid.html
tbh the limited amount i know about these is the tank is designed for the mod so it would not be easy to give advise on what tank might work as all the ones i mentioned are best on regulated variable mods which wattage can be turned up/down.

edit

i use the jac 0.5 coil every day and a coil lasts a good 2 months and yes it is quite airy.. the jac mods are also like your mod a fixed output.
i hardly use the mod the tank came with as i use their newer VIM which uses the same coils.
max i will use in it though is 70vg even though we all tested them with their own juice which is 80vg and we hammered them and no dry hits.

these are what the coils are rated at so im not sure how it would work out using it on a 80w mod
1ohm MTL = 12-18w
1ohm DTL = 18-25w
0.5ohm DTL = 20-30w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom