What's new

Blaze solo wicking

John68

Postman
Hi people,
Never seem to get the wicking right of this fantastic mod
Lately I am getting dry hits, on looking I notice towards the coil is dryer than the bottom of the wicks
Have tried putting the cotton deep in the wells, tried shorter, never seem to get it right
Any advice gladly appreciated

Hi people,
Lately I am getting dry hits, on looking I notice towards the coil is dryer than the bottom of the wicks
Have tried putting the cotton deep in the wells, tried shorter, never seem to get it right
I struggle to get a good vape from the blaze rba.

Hi people,
If the bottom of the wick is wet it should travel to the coil, that`s just physics, unless something stops it, IME it`s usually that the wick is too tight in the coil, it can also be knotty cotton, you could try using a little less cotton and combing the cotton out before you form the wick, it sounds a bit of a faff but it`s worth it if you make it part of your wicking regime.

I alway rake cotton to make straight strands and then place it in the wells. Capilliary effect is better that way. I wicked the Blaze Solo first time using my normal wicking and it has never given me a dry hit and wicks well.

The wicks on the Blaze Solo definitely need thinning. I use the mesh wicking method - only feed about half of the wick into the wells and cut away the rest close to the coil.

It is a great RTA when you get it right, but I'm still not totally confident of getting it right every time, but thinning out the wicks more than you would normally tends to work. I've never had it flood, but unfortunately have had dry hitting issues.

If the bottom of the wick is wet it should travel to the coil, that`s just physics, unless something stops it, IME it`s usually that the wick is too tight in the coil, it can also be knotty cotton, you could try using a little less cotton and combing the cotton out before you form the wick, it sounds a bit of a faff but it`s worth it if you make it part of your wicking regime.
Will certainly try, when it’s good it is good
Many thanks

The wicks on the Blaze Solo definitely need thinning. I use the mesh wicking method - only feed about half of the wick into the wells and cut away the rest close to the coil.

It is a great RTA when you get it right, but I'm still not totally confident of getting it right every time, but thinning out the wicks more than you would normally tends to work. I've never had it flood, but unfortunately have had dry hitting issues.
Will give it a go
Awesome flavour when it’s right
Many thanks

I alway rake cotton to make straight strands and then place it in the wells. Capilliary effect is better that way. I wicked the Blaze Solo first time using my normal wicking and it has never given me a dry hit and wicks well.
Thanks, I think my cotton is probably too fluffy
Will give it a go

Hi did as you suggested, excellent, many thanks much appreciated 👍

My problem is the blaze Boro rba, I can wick the RDA and I haven't got the rta to say but I really struggle on the rba Boro.

Back
Top Bottom