What's new

Brew My Mod monthly box subscription

rawx

Achiever
So I am no way a reviewer but I thought i'd put my thoughts out there as this box has just arrived and am one of the first lot of people to have it so there isn't really any other reviews on it. Of course as always taste is subjective and this is just a little account of my experience with the box.

So I subscribed to the box the day the brew my mod website went live which was if I remember correctley the start of september.. I paid £42.99 for the premium box. Subscription service so signed up for it monthly but it does say you can cancel at any time as long as you obviously give them enough notice before that months box is due.

First point ( and this is partly due to my own fault ) I realised on the company facebook they said the launch of the box was the 14th of october so then i started to wonder when will mine arrive and surley I will be paying two months subscription and only getting one box mid october? So I emailed them and they responded saying that they will cancel my membership but I will still recieve one box as I had paid for it. I did orginally ask for a refund as it wasnt orginally mentioned about the launch date of the actual boxes being so far away from when the website launched and money being taken but I didnt get a reply to that email so I then sent another one saying just to cancel my membership.. and tada I got a reply.I did also query the fact that I had been told after ordering I would recieve a email to tailer my prefences further (as options where tabacco fruit or dessert and which nic) and information about birthdays as by subscribing to the premium box you join the birthday club.. didnt get a response about that either. But anyways skip forward a few weeks and tada my box has arrived .. the 21st of october.

I open the box and inside are 11 bottles of juice and a menu (I will add photos from mobile). Presentation is good the box itself is nice and has a magnet flappy lid.. im happy so far..
Inside there are two layers of bottles seperated by foam so well protected and all my juice arrived saftley no leaks or broken bottles.. happy happy.

So then I notice I have two bottles of elements key lime cookie.. wierd to have two of the same but I like the stuff so thats alright.. but then I notice they are both 6mg .. I ordered 3mg .. so I check all the other bottles and all are 3mg.. hrmm so I put theese to the side and emailed the company via fb.. they said they will contact the warehouse and see what they can do? This was yesterday havent heard back yet.
Anyways the other liquids look good and the little menu is nicley presented.. although there is a misprint causing two of the liquids to have the same description.. but I can figure out for myself that 'highland toffee' is not a lychee raspberry mix and the bottle named rasberry lychee is probably correctley given that description..

On to the liquids inside (orginally when the box was in the launch process the premium box was described to have added monlthy supprises? But this is untrue unless the supprise is less juice than you thought and random nicotine levels..) its just juice and the website now states its 11 30ml bottles nothing else.. although I recieved 7x 30ml bottles and 4x20ml bottles so website is still not correct)

6 bottles seem to be thier own make ( 3 have produced by brew my vape and the others look the same same style label and no description as to who made them so I am assuming its the same company)
So far ive tried the highland toffee as it smelt amazing and I have to say the flavour is spot on toffee.. but it is very harsh (label says 50vg50pg so this is expected to be harsh but its a shame they didnt make it higher vg as i cant really enjoy it on my dripper.. I will chuck it in a tank and retest later)

The menu says I should have got a element neon green slush and a element key lime cookie.. I didnt .. instead i recieved 2x key lime cookie .. in 6mg so I cant vape them.

Next i picked up is a little bottle (20ml) called jessica by the dolls.. label is in french with price tag saying 0,90€.... its description says fruity and citrusy.. it smells like marzipan.. im not risking that on my dripper just yet.

Next up strawberry cheesecake label doesnt say who its by but it looks the same as the other brew my vape liquids soo im guessing its by them..doesnt say vg/pg ratio but upon vaping it I would have said 80vg its nice and smooth.. although it doesnt look that thick in the bottle so possibly 70vg. Flavour is nice.. not blow your socks off amazing strawberry cheesecake.. more strawberry not much cheesecake.. but its ok .. quite a simple flavour but its nice.

Next up serum - rasberry lychee by brew my vape.. first off I should state I love lychee.. havent yet found a eliquid with lychee that I like though.. it smells very much of lychee and im excited.. the flavour doesnt dissapoint its very good, mainly lychee with a hint of rasberry on the inhale .. but im happy its smooth and a nice flavour.. not overpowering but very nice.. bottle doesnt state what vg/pg but I would guess 80vg although liquid doesnt look very thick so maybe 70vg. Either ways I like it [emoji5][emoji5]

I havent got round to trying the rest yet but the other liquids I assume to be brew my vape are high vg.. so atleast that is good news.. shame about the highland toffee as I was looking forward to that..
Will update more when ive tried the other flavours but they are and will upload a pic of the flavour menu.. it is also worth a mention that the brew my vape 30ml bottles dont seem very full.. photos posted are before ive opened any?
So overall so far im not that impressed, fair play the company has just launched so teething problems expected but item hasnt been as described I didnt get a monthly supprise nor did I recieve 11 30ml bottles. The two high end liquids that I know of are the wrong nic and I didnt recieve the neon green slush (abit gutted as I like that juice). But we will see how the customer service side of things pans out but from the start it doesn't look that promising. Value for money seems good as the box is cheaper than other monthly boxes on the market and the issues ive had could be down to being a new company etc so it may get better. [emoji5]

Hope my attempt of a review is ok as I stated at the top its just my opinion.. and I tried not to ramble to much.. anyways photos to follow [emoji5]

Edit.. got no reply to email so emailed again and now brew my mod have blocked me on facebook.
Awful customer service

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134479.519617.jpg
the description on the brew my mod instagam.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134508.934141.jpg

Pic of website description.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134534.102673.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134552.323968.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134571.572428.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134583.409942.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134607.829036.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134630.330814.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134669.149045.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1477134684.132637.jpg

Good review! You've been very fair all things considered. I don't think I would be that favourable towards them considering the issue with the subscription fee, the duplicate bottles in the wrong nic content and the missing surprise gift.

Good review! You've been very fair all things considered. I don't think I would be that favourable towards them considering the issue with the subscription fee, the duplicate bottles in the wrong nic content and the missing surprise gift.
Thankyou [emoji5][emoji5] yeah I mean it is the first ever box by them so as I said they will have teething problems thats expected, will see what they say when they get back to me about the 6mg key lime cookes. [emoji5][emoji5]

Thankyou [emoji5][emoji5] yeah I mean it is the first ever box by them so as I said they will have teething problems thats expected, will see what they say when they get back to me about the 6mg key lime cookes. [emoji5][emoji5]
That's quite alot of teething problems! Do you subscribe to any other boxes?

Ive tried vapeabox's gold mod and juice box but was way to pricey to have every month considering what you get isnt that amazing. (I got a kbox and rda (forgotten the make but it wasnt any good) along with unnamed tank with 3 bottles of juice). For I think it was £80 or maybe even more..

Also tried zample box.. which was quite good actually just a pain with shipping, still expensive when you dont end up liking half the liquids you recieve but im a sucker for lucky dips and supprises.
Dont subscribe to anything atm I have so much juice ive banned myself from signing up for anything else for a while.. literally have litres and litres to get through haha. Do you subscribe to any?

And yeah now ive actually written it all down it is quite a lot of problems.. well atleast I tried it [emoji28] [emoji28]

great first review @rawx just shame about the cockups.
for any new company you would of thought they would have put that extra effort into making everything perfect for their first box as reviews are everything in this game and if only 20 bought the first box thats enough to put the majority off from buying especially if 20 reviews go out online.

great first review @rawx just shame about the cockups.
for any new company you would of thought they would have put that extra effort into making everything perfect for their first box as reviews are everything in this game and if only 20 bought the first box thats enough to put the majority off from buying especially if 20 reviews go out online.
Thanks [emoji5][emoji5] very true I didnt think of it that way round, its a shame as it looked like it was going to be really good, I think maybe they promised more than they can deliver so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom