What's new

Can I twist it?

Gave the claptons a try and don’t think they are too shabby, used a shit electric screwdriver and a key ring for a swivel lol

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1496969709.078293.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1496969720.816109.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1496969731.736205.jpg

I have all the wire ready just need a drill and swivels lol

Don't cheap out on the swivels. I bought some cheap swivels and all they did was jerk and buck. Got some from a fishing store and paid dearly for them but they are smooth, ball bearing type I think so. Tension of the wrap wire is the key to making good clapton that the wraps don't separate when building the coil. I made some DIY bobbin threaders from youtube and a wooden jig to clamp onto my desk and stand my drill up. I can make the bobbin threader super tight onto the spool so its very hard to dispense the wire and use a empty protank head as the guide along the core wire(also on youtube). IMO holding the spool by hand and maintain consistent pressure is almost impossible. The spool dangles under as you wrapping the clapton cause the drill stands upright, never have to touch it and I get great clapton coils in the end.
There are all kinds of methods to make clapton wire but this is my way and I don't settle for good enough.
For those who might DIY a bobbin threader...some generic qtip swab shafts are hollow and work great so you have to put a hexagon wrench inside so it doesn't collapse when your heating the heatshrink into place.

Twisting clapton wire works fine
If you do it a certain way (can't remember the exact method) it creates "dragonskin" coils, I used to make them with three 28/32 claptons and they look great

Back
Top Bottom