What's new

Charging Battery in Mod

lediscjockey

Postman
Is it ok to charge a 18650 battery in the mod itself?
I have always used internal battery mods and charged via USB.
I am planning to get a Oxva Unibox Mod which takes a single 18650 battery and has fast usb charging
And a Molicell P28A Battery.
After doing a bit of research I have found conflicting reports for charging.
Some say to always use an external battery charger and some say charging via usb for a single battery mod should be ok.

What do you guys recommend?
WIll be using the mod only at aroud 16 watts for MTL.

Charging in a single batt regulated mod should be fine these days with all the safety features they have. Personally I like to charge a load of batteries at the same time so that I've always got one to hand.

It's always better to charge external but most single battery mods will charge fine.

The issue is mostly heat, its not good for your mod or your battery to have it regularly get warm from charging.

Also if you have the time it's always better to charge a battery slowly, it will extend the life of the battery by quite a lot.

fast charging is all the rage nowdays but the best thing about having a removable battery is the ability to carry a spare

I would be less concerned about charging a single battery inside a mod as the board doesn't have to attempt to balance charge, however you lose the advantage of having a precharged battery ready to swap out. You can have pass through so you can still vape while the battery is charging but it is easy to snag the lead on something or pull on it and end up trashing the USB port turning the mod into a paperweight.

I only have two surviving mods with internal batteries - the USB ports on both are temperamental.

It is well worth the expense of a battery and charger so you dont have to spend half your vaping life tethered to the wall.
Most vapers wouldn`t consider on board charging, especially overnight.

Too lazy to watch? Makes no difference...down to personal preference.

Is it ok to charge a 18650 battery in the mod itself?
I have always used internal battery mods and charged via USB.
I am planning to get a Oxva Unibox Mod which takes a single 18650 battery and has fast usb charging
And a Molicell P28A Battery.
After doing a bit of research I have found conflicting reports for charging.
Some say to always use an external battery charger and some say charging via usb for a single battery mod should be ok.

What do you guys recommend?
WIll be using the mod only at aroud 16 watts for MTL.
Yes it’s okay, on a single, but not ideal.
I, as with @rew , tend to charge multi batts at a time. But if I’m out and about, and get caught short of charge. I wouldn’t bat (nice pun) an eyelid, about using the onboard feature.

Sometimes when my external charger has been full in the past i have charged them in the Mod, now i have a couple of chargers so don't have that problem. Never had any issues charging in the Mod though.

i do it all the time and have never had a problem. it’s no different than charging the internal battery inside an internal battery mod, in the mod. the only difference is you can open it and take the battery out should you ever want to charge it in a charger or ditch the battery and put a new one in it.

I do it with one mod, I take the battery out every now n then to check it. old habit 510's used to leak.

Back
Top Bottom