What's new

coil gunk am i doing something wrong

Start by getting out the mindset that coloured juice is bad and clear juice should wick forever as it's nothing to do with the colour of the juice [emoji6]

if you picked a sweet flavour then it's gonna be harsh on your coils especially from a budget juice manufacturer as sweetener is more cost effective than concentrates to make the juice sweet so either pick a less sweet juice or buy a big pack of labo or muji then you don't need to worry about changing your wicks as a pad works out a few pennies
yeah these 88vape are so sweet compared to making my own.just thought a professional manufacturer wld avoid making juice punters wld avoid after trying.no one wants juice that gunks a coil that quick.
soon as my bacon cotton is used up i was going to go back to the missus makeup pads...1000 wicks worth for a sand scarab

I know that @Lee (Primevapes) tries to put in minimal sweetener to the juices. Maybe the custard ones have a bit more. Can you advise Lee?

Hey Rew!

Yeah I tend to put in minimal amounts in everything (or none at all if possible) but ultimately it depends on the flavour you’re trying to create, for example a custard or a sponge cake, the real deal has lots of sugar. I always aim to make my flavours taste as realistic as possible, so sometimes it’s Called for. Our custard range is a good example, very sweet indeed. The fruity flavours only need that natural sweetness vibe, so we’ll use none or a very small amount depending on the fruit flavour in question.

Some flavours are coil killers alone, with no sweetener at all - or already contain sucralose or stevia in the ingredients of that single flavour as it comes, some good examples are Capella pear which has stevia in, some to tobaccos, cakes and creams will also wreck coils. It’s just the way it goes with some flavours, I wouldn’t say that how coil friendly a liquid is shows how reputable a vendor is, I would say the customer reviews, the taste, their production facilities and customer service shows how reputable a vendor is.

That being said, I do agree that there are many “premium” brands that add a shit load of sweetener for absolutely no reason at all, or to cover up a bad recipe, some people like that and some people don’t. It’s really just a case of trying out some brands that take your fancy/suit your budget and finding out what works for you.

My personal view, and this is by no means wrong or right, but the way I look at it is anything that tastes nice you have to pay for. Much like a chocolate cream eclair tastes awesome, but they make you fat. So I’ll enjoy them in moderation, the same goes for a juice I like, pisses me off how long it takes to turn the cotton black so I’ll just enjoy this on a evening for a couple hours in a dripper just for that flavour, only need to wick it once a week then.

Again, just my view - id sooner change my cotton once a day or every couple of days and have something flavourful and exciting, rather than vaping some bland boring shit because the coils last three weeks.

No right or wrong answer really :)

Hey Rew!

Yeah I tend to put in minimal amounts in everything (or none at all if possible) but ultimately it depends on the flavour you’re trying to create, for example a custard or a sponge cake, the real deal has lots of sugar. I always aim to make my flavours taste as realistic as possible, so sometimes it’s Called for. Our custard range is a good example, very sweet indeed. The fruity flavours only need that natural sweetness vibe, so we’ll use none or a very small amount depending on the fruit flavour in question.

Some flavours are coil killers alone, with no sweetener at all - or already contain sucralose or stevia in the ingredients of that single flavour as it comes, some good examples are Capella pear which has stevia in, some to tobaccos, cakes and creams will also wreck coils. It’s just the way it goes with some flavours, I wouldn’t say that how coil friendly a liquid is shows how reputable a vendor is, I would say the customer reviews, the taste, their production facilities and customer service shows how reputable a vendor is.

That being said, I do agree that there are many “premium” brands that add a shit load of sweetener for absolutely no reason at all, or to cover up a bad recipe, some people like that and some people don’t. It’s really just a case of trying out some brands that take your fancy/suit your budget and finding out what works for you.

My personal view, and this is by no means wrong or right, but the way I look at it is anything that tastes nice you have to pay for. Much like a chocolate cream eclair tastes awesome, but they make you fat. So I’ll enjoy them in moderation, the same goes for a juice I like, pisses me off how long it takes to turn the cotton black so I’ll just enjoy this on a evening for a couple hours in a dripper just for that flavour, only need to wick it once a week then.

Again, just my view - id sooner change my cotton once a day or every couple of days and have something flavourful and exciting, rather than vaping some bland boring shit because the coils last three weeks.

Great advice mate and thanks for such a comprehensive answer.

Hey Rew!

AGREED x

as most have said already, it's usually down to sweetener in juice but, coil positioning plus chamber design can play a part , if you have loads of juice condensation/ unvaporised juice collecting & running back onto you coils

Thought about this when I was talking to someone about the asgard rda , how well the airflow is designed etc and how cotton and coils seem to last a lot longer than the same in another rda

i thought that wld char the cotton hmm will try that. ive tried scrubbing the crap off with a wire coil brush an rinsing with the wick in situ,blowing water out of the wick.it works as a one off with no undue flavors, twice not so good.

Out of curiosity, which flavour is gunking your coils so quickly?

Hey Rew!

Thank you @Lee :14:

Hey Rew!

Hey Rew!

Lee when will you be launching some new fruit flavours? Is there anything due for release very soon?

Sounds like u need to try another flavour to see if that makes a difference.
other stuffs been ok as has my homemade efforts. its just these 88 vape shortfills ive found it happens with.all 8 ive tried. their 50/50 s have been fine by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom