What's new

coil gunk am i doing something wrong

MINEXPLORER

Postman
hi. This issue is really doing my head in.ive been trying 88vape shortfills for a few weeks.All the juices are clear and very nice,but by god my coils go black in less than a day,its ridiculous. im far from chain vaping all day,just a regular amount of use,but i have to burn off the gunk everyday its so bad.which is annoying as that means i have to replace the, often perfectly fine wick as well...365 wicks a year !!!
My reasoning was, a reputable juice company surely takes all steps to minimise gunk causing ingredients.These are CLEAR juices at around 60%VG after PG based nic added. So am i doing anything wrong? can anyone recommend low gunking shortfills?
im using RDAs with .2 -.3 ohm ss flat clapton (chinese flapton wire) at 50W.
Appreciate any advice thanks.Rad

Personally I wouldn't bother changing the wicks and dry burning until the flavour drops off.

hi. This issue is really doing my head in.ive been trying 88vape shortfills for a few weeks.All the juices are clear and very nice,but by god my coils go black in less than a day,its ridiculous. im far from chain vaping all day,just a regular amount of use,but i have to burn off the gunk everyday its so bad.which is annoying as that means i have to replace the, often perfectly fine wick as well...365 wicks a year !!!
My reasoning was, a reputable juice company surely takes all steps to minimise gunk causing ingredients.These are CLEAR juices at around 60%VG after PG based nic added. So am i doing anything wrong? can anyone recommend low gunking shortfills?
Some juices do tend to gunk up the coil/wick quicker than others. Some of my coils get chocked up but still work and taste lovely. Maybe continue with it till the vape/flavour drops off or try another type of juice to get a comparison.

Personally I wouldn't bother changing the wicks and dry burning until the flavour drops off.
Yes. Some of mine at times look disgusting but still vape and taste nice. As they say.....if it ain't broke don't change it lol

Start by getting out the mindset that coloured juice is bad and clear juice should wick forever as it's nothing to do with the colour of the juice [emoji6]

if you picked a sweet flavour then it's gonna be harsh on your coils especially from a budget juice manufacturer as sweetener is more cost effective than concentrates to make the juice sweet so either pick a less sweet juice or buy a big pack of labo or muji then you don't need to worry about changing your wicks as a pad works out a few pennies

my homebrew absolutely destroys coils in a couple of days......so i re wick about once a week because its a royal PITA.

......If it tastes ok who cares how it looks

I know that @Lee (Primevapes) tries to put in minimal sweetener to the juices. Maybe the custard ones have a bit more. Can you advise Lee?

the crud spoils the flavour within a day.ive tried scrubbing the crap off with a wire coil brush an rinsing with the wick in situ,blowing water out of the wick.it works as a one off with no undue flavors, twice not so good.

Last edited:
i thought that wld char the cotton hmm will try that. ive tried scrubbing the crap off with a wire coil brush an rinsing with the wick in situ,blowing water out of the wick.it works as a one off with no undue flavors, twice not so good.
Your cotton's cheaper than your juice though right? Why is saving the cotton so important?

Back
Top Bottom