What's new

Coiling advice please

ust since I didn't see anyone ask or you state, what is your pg/vg ratio? And.. when you get that harsh vape.. have you noticed your cotton turning brown, indicating a burning? I'm vaping at 100w-200w using 3mg juice 20/80 pg/vg. The only time it gets "harsh" is when I don't have my wick "core" tight enough. (the part inside the coil) Tighter core=harder to burn the cotton. Aside from that, sometimes I do get to much vapor, kind of like breathing in water. LOL. But I figure that is just something to get used to. Anyway.. pg gives more of a throat hit than vg, so higher pg would be harsher. It is great when you are trying to quit smoking, but not so great when you try to chase clouds. I'm just starting some DIY ejuice. 100% vg, 0mg nicotine. That is just for clouds and trying to make those GD Os. *curse you Jason and your stupid jellyfish*
70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic my wicks are tight enough in the coil that there is slight resistance when they are pulled, I have not noticed any thing that looks like burning onthe wicks when they are replaced

70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic my wicks are tight enough in the coil that there is slight resistance when they are pulled, I have not noticed any thing that looks like burning onthe wicks when they are replaced
ok try 20/80.
PG is a bit harsh, used mostly for thinning (for ecigs and tanks) and throat hit. Remember, you are getting much bigger clouds now, so much more pg in each gulp. Don't be scared to twist that wick and get it good and tight inside that coil. I'm pushing 200w on 4 coils and no burns, where as if the wicks were snug, like I saw in the vids on youtube, they would burn. This is only if you are running a high temperature build like for clouds or fog density (tricks).. flavor, a snug coil is better but use less power.

This is what I have been finding anyway. lol Vape shop guy, Jason, agrees with me, I wick almost exactly the same as he does for competitions.

Hmm also. pick yourself up a nice RDA. TwistedMesses, Temple, mutationX v?, tsunami are really good. (of the 5 I have, i use those most) TwistedMessis is about the easiest to build on, mutationX and Temple give the best flavor. I think the Temple is my favorite. There is a reason I have 5 RDAs but only 1 RTA. lol..

Back
Top Bottom