What's new

Confused over flavour concentrate ratio (Drakes)

Conor69

I've been making my own eliquid for years now and generally use 4%-8% flavour concentrate. I was on the verge of buying a flavour concentrate from Drakes but see on the description they recommend a ratio of up to 30% for their concentrate. This seems excessively high to me. The concentrates I've used in the past (from flavourart) recommend 4%. Can any with experience of mixing with Drakes concentrates advise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ratios vary between manufacturers' concentrates but Drake's suggested ratio is 20-30% but it is entirely up to you on depending on how strong you like it and that can vary depending on the tobacco. It's a good idea to mix small quantities at different ratios and see what suits you best.

I've been mixing Drake's concentrates for some time, initially I tried the lowest 20% but typically now use 25% as I prefer that. La Tabaccheria suggest 5-10% for most of their NETs as they're stronger, I use 5%. HTH.

Well, it appears that Drake's are no longer supplying. Tried to purchase a concentrate from their site and it says the store currently cannot accept payments.

Well, it appears that Drake's are no longer supplying. Tried to purchase a concentrate from their site and it says the store currently cannot accept payments.

I got an email from them saying they are under new management and have a 15% off code during July while stocks last which seemed odd to me. They appear to have stock so maybe it's to do with the new management. :hmm: Fortunately I have a fair bit to tide me over for a while.

The same ratios I use now Netvaper, although I always start at the lowest recommended rate and add a few drops to the finished product if it's not strong enough and just mix it up stronger next time, I got the 15% off email too, you can also buy in the UK at Matts Vape Shop which I have used, I hope it's ok to put name in post?

Back
Top Bottom