What's new

Covid reality

Out of the 50 odd thousand new cases we are now getting each day.
Are all these people non mask wearers ?

Incredibly unlikely. I know of one case that definitely isn’t a non mask wearer. A friend of mine, who lives alone, and also works from home (has done for years), is currently quite ill with Covid. The only place she’s been within the time frame to have caught it are her local PO and corner shop - her business relies on her regularly sending parcels out. She wears a mask and uses hand sanitizer. She also has regular grocery deliveries, and business deliveries, so could have caught it that way. Regardless of how she got it, it just goes to show that there is an element of chance involved for all of us.

My son works in a drawing office but from home. Because of his seniority he is required to attend on a rota one day a week to ensure there are no issues.
Other than my son nobody in the office wears a mask (not mandatory ?) , even though 3 people have caught Covid and one of them, the MD and joint owner of the business died from it just before Christmas.
My son continues to argue with the other business owner about mask wearing in the office but he's getting nowhere.
Marvellous.

My wife's niece has covid, spent 4 days in hospital on oxygen, has now been discharged, in her 40s, no underlying health conditions but perhaps a bit on the large side. Apparently the lady caught it from her son, who had it but was asymptomatic.

My wife's niece has covid, spent 4 days in hospital on oxygen, has now been discharged, in her 40s, no underlying health conditions but perhaps a bit on the large side. Apparently the lady caught it from her son, who had it but was asymptomatic.
How did she decide when to go to the hospital?

It would be nice if they could just administer the remnisivir or whatever drug they are using without going to the hospital. That way paramedics could treat patients who are only borderline hospital or have access to their own oxygen tanks.

Healthy family members with proper PPE might be able to provide better care in some situations than the over burdened hospital systems

Back
Top Bottom