What's new

Covid reality

Breathable masks are available for those who feel they can't breathe in normal masks. I think those using said excuse should think about whether they prefer to put up with a bit of irritation or would they rather die? Face shields do not work they let in air from underneath the visor. they are usually for added protection by security staff etc incase they get spat at, they won't stop you breathing in the virus. If and only if someone has a real excuse ie a mask reminds them of being choked by an ex then they should class themselves as vunerable (due to no protection) and thus just stay home like other vunerable folks have to. It may sound harsh but it is the only way they can make sure they remain safe. One of the most common covid quotes is " I did try and tell them, but they wouldn't listen and now they are.......".
A friend of my Mums so a pensioner stayed in for weeks, then she's been to the shops, she had been out just to fetch money just to get out for an hour, The next week she is in hospital sadly she did not live. She wore masks. But like many others she got fed up staying in and it cost her her life.
So the proof is there, go out you can still catch covid even if you try to keep safe, no one really knows why covid kills some but not all and that's the biggy. what are the odds on winning this weeks lottery are 45'057'474 to one. yet folks enter it. Covid is a much lower odd's 66.65 million people live in the UK 75k have died which is 0.88% of the population so almost a 1 in hundred chance of dying but the transmission rate will be a bigger percentage as folks do survive. Lets see how bad things get the next 2 weeks, get ready for more lockdown time because it is coming.

I dont wear a face mask
Why ?
Exempt
Why ?
COPD, Asthma
Then i should stay at home
I cant
Why?
I would starve
Why?
No friends to do shopping, online shopping booked solid, family cant for various medical reasons which i've explained before.
Then i will catch covid
Possibly
If i do i will die because i am high risk
Dont care

lets not argue about masks.... even the 'experts' can't agree/keep changing their minds.

Out of the 50 odd thousand new cases we are now getting each day.
Are all these people non mask wearers ?

Out of the 50 odd thousand new cases we are now getting each day.
Are all these people non mask wearers ?

We walk around a supermarket touching everything that everyone else is touching, then we touch our faces to adjust our masks and touching our eyes (especially if we are wearing glasses) maybe don't sanitize our hands when we leave.... someone who's infected not sanitizing their hands before going into the supermarket is far more likely to spread the virus imo.

wear a mask on a bus or train and sit in a seat that dozens have sat in before, touch a rail that dozens have held onto and think we are safe because everyone has a mask on?

I think the government advisors and WHO were correct back in march last year, they do very little used on their own, the way we are using them. ...

Most people I know gave up continually sanitizing their hands months ago which is far more likely to spread the virus. (they still do it, but not enough and not always when they really need to)

Breathable masks are available for those who feel they can't breathe in normal masks. I think those using said excuse should think about whether they prefer to put up with a bit of irritation or would they rather die? Face shields do not work they let in air from underneath the visor. they are usually for added protection by security staff etc incase they get spat at, they won't stop you breathing in the virus. If and only if someone has a real excuse ie a mask reminds them of being choked by an ex then they should class themselves as vunerable (due to no protection) and thus just stay home like other vunerable folks have to. It may sound harsh but it is the only way they can make sure they remain safe. One of the most common covid quotes is " I did try and tell them, but they wouldn't listen and now they are.......".
A friend of my Mums so a pensioner stayed in for weeks, then she's been to the shops, she had been out just to fetch money just to get out for an hour, The next week she is in hospital sadly she did not live. She wore masks. But like many others she got fed up staying in and it cost her her life.
So the proof is there, go out you can still catch covid even if you try to keep safe, no one really knows why covid kills some but not all and that's the biggy. what are the odds on winning this weeks lottery are 45'057'474 to one. yet folks enter it. Covid is a much lower odd's 66.65 million people live in the UK 75k have died which is 0.88% of the population so almost a 1 in hundred chance of dying but the transmission rate will be a bigger percentage as folks do survive. Lets see how bad things get the next 2 weeks, get ready for more lockdown time because it is coming.
I understand what you are saying about visors but my understanding is that face coverings won't protect the wearer much either. They're supposed to protect other's from "spray" . So if everyone wore something it is helping. That's why in my opinion if you don't wear a mask you should use a visor.

We walk around a supermarket touching everything that everyone else is touching, then we touch our faces to adjust our masks and touching our eyes (especially if we are wearing glasses) maybe don't sanitize our hands when we leave.... someone who's infected not sanitizing their hands before going into the supermarket is far more likely to spread the virus imo.

wear a mask on a bus or train and sit in a seat that dozens have sat in before, touch a rail that dozens have held onto and think we are safe because everyone has a mask on?

I think the government advisors and WHO were correct back in march last year, they do very little used on their own, the way we are using them. ...

Most people I know gave up continually sanitizing their hands months ago which is far more likely to spread the virus. (they still do it, but not enough and not always when they really need to)

i think masks are important because the chances of catching it from droplets in the air around infectious people or being in close contact with them is far higher than from surface contact. if somebody is infectious and coughing or breathing out infected droplets, especially in an enclosed area, it seems obvious that this will be reduced if they are wearing a mask.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30514-2/fulltext

“During the initial stages of the pandemic there was concern about surface transmission. However, latest research suggests that this is unlikely to be a major route of transmission as although SARS-CoV-2 can persist for days on inanimate surfaces, attempts to culture the virus from these surfaces were unsuccessful.”

edited for clarity...

i think masks are important because the chances of catching it from droplets in the air around infectious people or being in close contact with them is far higher than from surface contact. if somebody is infectious and coughing or breathing out infected droplets, especially in an enclosed area, it seems obvious that this will be reduced if they are wearing a mask.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30514-2/fulltext

“During the initial stages of the pandemic there was concern about surface transmission. However, latest research suggests that this is unlikely to be a major route of transmission as although SARS-CoV-2 can persist for days on inanimate surfaces, attempts to culture the virus from these surfaces were unsuccessful.”

edited for clarity...

Thanks....

Thanks....

it’s pretty confusing. probably because they are just getting to grips with understanding it themselves (the scientists, governments etc.). i think the importance put on washing hands especially at the start has meant we think of that as the one most important thing. i know some folk are sanitising their shopping before bringing it in the house and all sorts. i remember in march being terrified of a package that arrived from china.

it’s pretty confusing. probably because they are just getting to grips with understanding it themselves (the scientists, governments etc.). i think the importance put on washing hands especially at the start has meant we think of that as the one most important thing. i know some folk are sanitising their shopping before bringing it in the house and all sorts. i remember in march being terrified of a package that arrived from china.

yeah it's really difficult to keep up, especially with so much nonsense being said too.

Back
Top Bottom