What's new

Covid19 and the great reset

I'm pretty lost about what this thread is even about now.

I do worry about where we are heading, shops without staff, amazon and the like destroying independent retail sectors, technology taking over every aspect of our lives.

I just don't believe it's a conspiracy, it's like thinking cars were invented to destroy blacksmiths and poison the air..... and I don't think it has anything to do with Covid-19. Not sure why it's even in this section?

I'm pretty lost about what this thread is even about now.

I do worry about where we are heading, shops without staff, amazon and the like destroying independent retail sectors, technology taking over every aspect of our lives.

I just don't believe it's a conspiracy, it's like thinking cars were invented to destroy blacksmiths and poison the air..... and I don't think it has anything to do with Covid-19. Not sure why it's even in this section?
It's in this section because the OP, while clearly agenda-ridden, was about the link between the two.

It's also interesting that because of Covid, we stopped taking cash at work for a while to try and avoid transmission through handling. The banks now charge businesses for banking cash ............ which has left many (including us) wondering whether to go back to accepting cash or not.

It's in this section because the OP, while clearly agenda-ridden, was about the link between the two.

It's also interesting that because of Covid, we stopped taking cash at work for a while to try and avoid transmission through handling. The banks now charge businesses for banking cash ............ which has left many (including us) wondering whether to go back to accepting cash or not.

this is the interesting thing. @Simon G used the example of blacksmiths. while it probs wasn’t a conspiracy, it did lead to their demise. in this case, there likely are powerful people in the finance industry who would have an interest in abolishing cash. those folk might quietly use something like a pandemic to help push it along a bit by means of what you describe. which would be a conspiracy. but then some extremists spoil it by extending that conspiracy to include creating the pandemic, putting 5g software in the vaccines, calling us all sheeple etc etc. small conspiracies are endemic in capitalism. they happen all the time.

I knew the world had gone mad at the beginning of the pandemic when McDonald's stopped taking cash and only did contactless.
Didn't last long but still a sign of things to come.

I knew the world had gone mad at the beginning of the pandemic when McDonald's stopped taking cash and only did contactless.

people would no doubt have been saying the same thing when cash was introduced in the first place. the world’s gone mad, it always has been. :)

this is the interesting thing. @Simon G used the example of blacksmiths. while it probs wasn’t a conspiracy, it did lead to their demise. in this case, there likely are powerful people in the finance industry who would have an interest in abolishing cash. those folk might quietly use something like a pandemic to help push it along a bit by means of what you describe. which would be a conspiracy. but then some extremists spoil it by extending that conspiracy to include creating the pandemic, putting 5g software in the vaccines, calling us all sheeple etc etc. small conspiracies are endemic in capitalism. they happen all the time.

people would no doubt have been saying the same thing when cash was introduced in the first place. the world’s gone mad, it always has been. :)

yup... some people will call it progress, some it will effect negatively, some will make money from it, and some will grow up knowing nothing else. It always feels like it's been that way. I remember when I bought my first things online (records off ebay 20 years ago) I thought it was amazing.

yup... some people will call it progress, some it will effect negatively, some will make money from it, and some will grow up knowing nothing else. It always feels like it's been that way. I remember when I bought my first things online (records off ebay 20 years ago) I thought it was amazing.

aye, exactly. remember when there were loads of folk who didn’t have a phone in the house? or a fridge even?

the conspiracy theorist might say this wall all planned, and would also includes the invention of light bulbs, steam engines, the wheel, and making stuff out of rocks and sticks. :)

Back
Top Bottom