What's new

MTL Cthulhu Mulan

eyeball kid

Legend
The second of this weekend's mtl tank review's brings us to the Cthulhu Mulan rdta.
This little beauty was supplied for review by the kind folks at @soucemore. Thanks to Ella as ever.
What you get.
This arrives like all cthulhu gear in fantastic top notch packaging.
A real high end style tube opens to reveal a velvet pouch containing your mulan rdta.
You also get a full complement of spare o'rings and deck screws.
A squonk pin.
Spare pei tank section.
Two replacement airflow decks which gives you a total choice of three. 0.8mm, 1.4mms and 2mm.
The mulan arrives with the delrin drip tip attached and a spare beautiful steel longer one in the corresponding colour.
Instructions and extended guarantee.
WP_20200508_20_23_26_Pro.jpg

Cthulhu have been on a role of late when it comes to mouth to lung rta's and rda's.
They've very much taken on board the issue's with their first mtl rda and produced a blinder here.
You can choose to use this as a stand alone tank straight out of the box (or tube) or swap out the 510 pin with the included squonk bf pin.
This is a 22mm tank so should fit most mods. The tank part holds 2mls of eliquid.
The deck is a perfect design for mtl. The airflow runs from the side through a hole in the top cap which can be used to refine your airflow choice by being easily opened and closed. Cthulhu have done a great job here with the top cap able to rotate smoothly to adjust that airflow and they're designed it to stop at either end of that movement so you don't have to constantly try to line up the outer hole with the one on the deck.
That airflow then travels through the interchangeable deck and comes up directly under the coil. The coil here is obviously yours to choose or build. It's held in place by two coil posts with ample sized clamp holes so you can use clapton wire as easy a simple kanthal.
One of the design features is that the coil itself is very close to the top of the dome top cap chamber offering a fantastic throat hit as well as maximum flavour.
WP_20200508_20_25_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20200508_20_25_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20200509_20_35_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20200509_23_10_39_Pro.jpg

I'm more than familiar with the mulan having two myself. I
I've one running with the 2mm airflow on a squonk mod with a mtl clapton for high vg tobacco and one with the 0.8mm airflow for higher pg liquid, so I went with the 1.4mm here and used this in tank form with some tasty bread of heaven by druids brew and base zero eggnog.
No doubt about it. It delivered the flavour of this liquids as good as I've ever tasted them.
It's super easy to fill via a small full hole in the top of the deck and even when placed on it's side itself unlikely to leak as the wicks from your coil go down into the tank through holes either side of the coil and swell to fill those holes then pressure does the rest.
I knew I'd enjoy reviewing these tanks as there's little to find fault with.
This is the perfect mtl tank for any vaper who's draw style has the effect of drawing liquid up the drip tip. Something that's impossible to do here no matter how hard you suck.
I also think it's a must for any mtl vaper who likes to use a squonk mod. This essentially gives you a superb tank with a huge juice reservoir. Also it lessens the chance of the dreaded dry hit.
No matter how experienced you are, those dry hits when squonking mtl always sneak up and ruin your vape let alone your wick.
Beautifully designed, made and a must for any mtl fan.
Get yours here:

http://bit.ly/2k6qy6L (no I don't get payed commission)
A bargain at twenty quid, less if you use your discount code.

Big thanks again to Ella @Sourcemore for the chance.

Last edited:
I got one today and managed to break the glass tank when I washed it clumsy clot that I am. Thank goodness for the spare tank!! Oh and I like it too!

I've had one for a while, and use it with the largest air insert and a wider bore driptip for a nice very restricted DL vape, using an MTL fused Clapton Ni80 2*30+38 at 0.7 ohms. It's a great squonking RDTA.

FB_IMG_1589069734950.jpg

Thanks for the review @eyeball kid . Looks quite tempting
apart from the various spell check errors I have to chase down after transferring the review's, lol.
When I first got one I was expecting a 1928 rda with a tank at the bottom but this design refines what they did with the 28 further and gives you the option of tank use.
would very much appeal to corrolla aficionados too.

I've had one for a while, and use it with the largest air insert and a wider bore driptip for a nice very restricted DL vape, using an MTL fused Clapton Ni80 2*30+38 at 0.7 ohms. It's a great squonking RDTA.

View attachment 217643
yes my high vg tobacco set up has a black one with the 2ml insert and the vandy vape superfine mtl clapton wire coil in it.
really is silly smooth and can still adjust the airflow via the top cap.

Just put mine into squonk mode and I have to say the pin I took out was black with grease!! Now everything thoroughly cleaned it is the best squonk attie I have used, I was not too happy with anything else I had tried in squonk mode but this is great, I need to get a better squonking mod now though my very small collection is very basic.

Just put mine into squonk mode and I have to say the pin I took out was black with grease!! Now everything thoroughly cleaned it is the best squonk attie I have used, I was not too happy with anything else I had tried in squonk mode but this is great, I need to get a better squonking mod now though my very small collection is very basic.

Not really got into squonking. Any decent compact squonkers out there? Do you have Pico Squeeze 2?

Not really got into squonking. Any decent compact squonkers out there? Do you have Pico Squeeze 2?
No not the squeeze but I have one Pico squeeze the original one and a vandyvape one the cheap one! I don't like the bottles on the Pico they are too hard and the vandyvape one doesn't hold much juice but I will keep an eye out for something a little better.

Back
Top Bottom