What's new

Daily Mail Article - Ecig explodes in Car

1. He charged it over night in a car. What did he think would happen? It's a battery FFS.

2. If his ecig had been charging in the FRONT point of the car...why is the back seat burnt up?

3. If his tank was ON the battery, how could it leak while it was charging? Using a passthrough?

I dont know of an ego charger that has that long of a cord.

I call bullshit on this story!

And I also put this down to irresponsibility on the user part and possibly the vendor. Stop telling these people they can charge their ego's with that little USB charger through a PC/Laptop/Car point. It needs to be on a USB to 3pin adapter and some place where you can intervene in the event of a RARE venting incident!

far more laptop batteries have done this so far I reckon ....

I'm totally unable to comment as they left out important facts
1) how much is his house worth?
2) did it give him cancer?
3) do immigrants use ecigs? and will they take our jobs?

Most cars if you take out the ignition key the cigarette/charger socket is dead.... smells fishy

Steve

Just muddying the waters linking this to e-cigs - this is simply a message about rechargeable batteries

Are they going to use faulty battery reports to turn people against mobile phone, PSPs, cameras, laptops? (feel free to add further everyday items to this list)

"The liquid from the popular £29.99 Vaporiz Tank cigarette replacement is thought to have leaked and caught fire in the explosion."

Does e-liquid catch fire?

it does.

but there isnt much eliquid around when your ce4 or whatever is disconnected so that you can charge your ego battery.
the pristine, beautiful ego battery with no damage shown in the pictures, twice, yes, the one that exploded violently and left half the street scurrying in fear

I woudnt worry about this article too much .. most resonable people know that the daily fail is in fact about as reliable for information as Viz

and thats an insult to Viz

So we can say we are getting the same in depth, unbiased, well researched, knowledgeable, reporting we always get from DM :whipping2:

Back
Top Bottom