What's new

Daily Mail Article - Ecig explodes in Car

Probably a roving gang of asylum seekers sabotaging unguarded batteries in between lowering house prices whenever/wherever possible and engaging in health tourism.

I woudnt worry about this article too much .. most resonable people know that the daily fail is in fact about as reliable for information as Viz

and thats an insult to Viz

My Mum doesn't but then she is off her head :) she actually buys the DM

about 40 people a year in the US are injured by exploding mobile phone batteries.

Hes a good article about why they explode

http://gizmodo.com/5985410/why-smartphone-laptop-and-airplane-batteries-explode

Apple alone yanked 1.8 million iBook and PowerBook battery packs from market after just nine reports of overheating according to the CPSC. What's more, the size of the battery, its configuration, and the number of cells all affect the intensity of the runaway. Small batteries, such as those used in DSLRs, only contain a few cells so the chances of the runaway spreading from the failed cell to the rest is relatively low. Large, power-dense battery packs like those aboard the troubled Boeing 787 Dreamliner on the other hand, seem practically purpose-built to instigate thermal runaway. These batteries were packed into sealed metal boxes with no means of venting waste heat. As a result, when a single cell became hot enough to ignite its electrolyte, the rest quickly followed suit.

some one had all ready said this but that batt was in bloody good nick considering it was the cause of the fire!

I bet he was having a crafty fag and he was interrupted by his misuses and in a panic stubbed it and hid it in the car. well done to the car manufacturer for there flame retardant upholstery tho

Erm ... can that bettery type actually be charged while the liquid is screwed into the top ?

I think this is bollocks ... and if that is the case .. this needs complaining about .. again

Erm ... can that bettery type actually be charged while the liquid is screwed into the top ?

I think this is bollocks ... and if that is the case .. this needs complaining about .. again

Yep it does need complaining about again.

And ... he couldnt charge it and have a clearomiser on at the same time .....

This worries me. It doesn't matter how bullshit it is because thousands of people dint readrhisforum but they read the daily mail.

Also, maybe he doesn't mean the liquid leaked while it was on the battery. Maybe it means the liquid leaked from the ce clearo (which we know it can) and when it was charging, the liquid that leaked into or onto the battery, caught fire.

Back
Top Bottom