What's new

DNA60 acting up

pixelwasp

Postman
I've searched here and on Google but can't find the answer to my problem. Apologies if in the wrong section, not sure where to post.

My SXK BB fires ok but the DNA60 display shows 0 then 34.5 then 40 watts which is what I have it set at. It was ok when I first got it so I've messed up somewhere but don't know where. I've tried resetting through escribe and also changing profiles but nothing seems to change.

Anyone know what I've done or can suggest a fix. Thanks for reading.

Are you sure the battery you are using isn't past its best...

The display will often display a lower wattage than you have set if the battery is at a low state of charge or tired - the board won't show a reading of the wattage you have set if the battery can't provide it. If you're using a 3,500mah battery, remember it is only rated at 10 Amps so you shouldn't be pushing it above 30 Watts max - if you do it can suffer from extreme voltage drop. the board will detect it and drop the wattage.

If the battery is rated ABOVE 10 Amps first fully charge it - if the problem goes away, then it probably means it is a bit tired and due for replacing.

If it is a 3,500 mah or higher battery you need to change it regardless as it isn't suitable for 40 watt vaping.

I'd give the mod plus and minus terminals a clean just in case a bit of baked on juice is causing connectivity issues which can cause similar problems.

The display updates live, starting at zero. Maybe cleaning battery terminals or a more full battery then you wouldn't see it ramping up.

Are you sure the battery you are using isn't past its best...

The display will often display a lower wattage than you have set if the battery is at a low state of charge or tired - the board won't show a reading of the wattage you have set if the battery can't provide it. If you're using a 3,500mah battery, remember it is only rated at 10 Amps so you shouldn't be pushing it above 30 Watts max - if you do it can suffer from extreme voltage drop. the board will detect it and drop the wattage.

If the battery is rated ABOVE 10 Amps first fully charge it - if the problem goes away, then it probably means it is a bit tired and due for replacing.

If it is a 3,300 mah or higher battery you need to change it regardless as it isn't suitable for 40 watt vaping.

I'd give the mod plus and minus terminals a clean just in case a bit of baked on juice is causing connectivity issues which can cause similar problems.
The battery is a brand new Molicel P28A 2800mAh, I think it's rated 35 amps. Tried cleaning everything, still no change. I can live with it, it still works it's just an annoying glitch.

The battery is a brand new Molicel P28A 2800mAh, I think it's rated 35 amps. Tried cleaning everything, still no change. I can live with it, it still works it's just an annoying glitch.
If the lower wattage figure displays for a fraction of a second and the screen quickly scrolls to the wattage you have set it isn't a glitch, it's just the way older DNA60, 75, 200 and 250 displays work - as @ripe_plantain stated in his post, the dna display updates live and will generally display a lower wattage for a fraction of a second before it constantly displays the wattage you have set. The entire process of going from 0 to 40 probably takes about half a second and it is normal - most budget mods will display the wattage you have set constantly, but it doesn't mean you're necessarily getting it instantly.

If your mod is working without problems and actually hits the Wattage you are asking in less than a second I'd ignore it as it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom