What's new

DNA75 calibration tool

I'll start proceedings then.... Hcigar vt75 nano 0.004 (with 510 plate tightened solid!!)

Thanks! Updated mine with that now.

Anyone got the lavabox 75 or therion 75 please? the factory setting on both is an ugly "0" [emoji20]

Anyone got the lavabox 75 or therion 75 please? the factory setting on both is an ugly "0" [emoji20]

Had previously read multiple threads with lots of posts specifically for the Therion 75 when I was looking at them before getting the VT133 instead. It was a hell of a long time ago now though and I can't find them again, but am pretty sure 0.004 was the most common reading or value being repeated. It's briefly discussed here, post #604, https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...dna75-dual-18650.746027/page-31#post-18623955 .

Volcano cite 0.007 for the DNA200 on their website, but I can't remember what mine are set to off the top of my head lol. Wouldn't have thought there'd be a massive difference between the mini and the standard.

How is the mini, nice :)??

Meant to add, if you can't find one for the Lavabox M, just email Tony at Volcano UK and ask. You'll have your answer within 24 hours :D.

[email protected] :).

Meant to add, if you can't find one for the Lavabox M, just email Tony at Volcano UK and ask. You'll have your answer within 24 hours :D.

[email protected] :).
The mini lava is bloody lovely!

The magnets holding the door on are almost too strong; that bugger's never going to come off by accident.
The 510 seems good and solid too.
Size is nice the height is the same as a vtc mini, the depth and width are each just a few mm bigger, so it really is about small as can be. Battery seating is spot on. And overall it's nice and stealthy - they simply ignored the 75s led and buried that inside. Lol

It's beautifully made and I almost (but not quite) feel bad that efun were selling them for £39 delivered. That's a great bargain, however you look at it.

Finally, thanks for the tip about Tony. I'll drop him a line.

Does anyone know the correct figure to input for the VT 75 26650 version?

The mini lava is bloody lovely!

The magnets holding the door on are almost too strong; that bugger's never going to come off by accident.
The 510 seems good and solid too.
Size is nice the height is the same as a vtc mini, the depth and width are each just a few mm bigger, so it really is about small as can be. Battery seating is spot on. And overall it's nice and stealthy - they simply ignored the 75s led and buried that inside. Lol

It's beautifully made and I almost (but not quite) feel bad that efun were selling them for £39 delivered. That's a great bargain, however you look at it.

Finally, thanks for the tip about Tony. I'll drop him a line.

Stumbled on this. Post #2 states he sets bis Lavabox M to 0.003. If yours is set to the big fat zero, no harm in trying it bud :). http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt75-escribe-settings.266836/

Does anyone know the correct figure to input for the VT 75 26650 version?

Some guy here is saying he was getting readings of 0.004 and 0.005 using a proper copper plug. He did the right thing ultimately and split the difference and set his to 0.0045 (https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/4kt4af/all_hcigar_vt75_owners_please_reply/). That sounds pretty much right to me for a small mod and not completely dissimilar to the VT133/200.

A seperate conversation on Evolv forums, exactly the same thing, fluctuations between 0.004 to 0.005 which in itself isn't a huge issue, it happens, you simply average the readings :). https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/fluctuating-mod-resistance-8139183

For both of you, @allen , I've also read quite a lot about calibration and a lot of DNA gurus on the Evolv forums additionally state don't simply enter the value you get when calibrating. They advise taking 75-80% of your reading to leave a margin of error. Ergo, if the reading you got was 0.004, enter and upload 0.003.

In the case of info online however lol, do you assume this has already been done if not specifically stated or just go with the posted value lol?? If I didn't have a calibration tool, I'd say go with the posted results ;).

0.003 for a Lavabox M and 0.0045 for a VT75 certainly doesn't sound a million mikes away though :).

BTW. I search using (example) "VT75 internal mod resistance" or "VT 75 Escribe settings" (obviously change the name of mod where applicable lol, and it brings up results. Just be prepared to read a few posts, however, I use the "find in page" or "find" feature to search a specific webpage if filled with forum posts with key words like mod, resistance, internal or even just 0.00 or .00 to narrow down the search of each individual page :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom