What's new

Does it have to be 1.43k res for oklt20?

HERBESTOS

Hi. I have all parts ready for making an okl t20 mod apart from the 1.43k resistor as mod maker was out of stock of that item. I'd just done an order with mouser and had I known would have got one from them but oh well.
My local Maplin does 1.5k metal film resistors but not 1.43k so can this be used and what effect would this have on the mod?

Thanks for any help.
Kev

Hi. I have all parts ready for making an okl t20 mod apart from the 1.43k resistor as mod maker was out of stock of that item. I'd just done an order with mouser and had I known would have got one from them but oh well.
My local Maplin does 1.5k metal film resistors but not 1.43k so can this be used and what effect would this have on the mod?

Thanks for any help.
Kev

Ok, a few things which I shall preface by saying I don't build mods...

Resistors are usually only within a % range anyway, so a 1.4K or 1.5K could both measure 1.43K ... to me a resistor is a resistor unless these are some kind of special ones. The only difference is the watt (1w, 1/4w, or whatever) which is basically the overall size. I have tons and tons of resistors, so don't buy one..

Let me go and look on the mod maker site and see what you are talking about

yeah, they look like regular resistors to me. :D

Gimme a sec and I'll see what I have.

ok, go to maplin ... sorry, I don't have anything that close. It can't be a common resistance used in my circuits ...

ok, go to maplin ... sorry, I don't have anything that close. It can't be a common resistance used in my circuits ...
Thanks for replying. Yes it seems one of the more uncommon values which made me wonder if it was imperative to be this value. I know it's safer to be over rather than under with resistance but don't know a lot about electronics and don't want to end up with poor performance or worse.
So is 1.43k to 1.5k not considered a big difference in these situations?

Thanks a lot
Kev

Thanks for replying. Yes it seems one of the more uncommon values which made me wonder if it was imperative to be this value. I know it's safer to be over rather than under with resistance but don't know a lot about electronics and don't want to end up with poor performance or worse.
So is 1.43k to 1.5k not considered a big difference in these situations?

Thanks a lot
Kev

In my situation and buying resisters for those, I've never even seen resisters sold anywhere to more than one decimal place, so 1.43K doesn't even exist..... You'd have to buy a load of 1.4K and 1.5K and measure them all to find one with a resistance of exactly 1.43K .... which maybe Mod Maker do so you get the exact resistance? ..... I have no idea.

I wouldn't really like to say how important that may or may not be with your mod ... I'd probably email modmaker and see how critical they think it is in the circuit.

In my situation and buying resisters for those, I've never even seen resisters sold anywhere to more than one decimal place, so 1.43K doesn't even exist..... You'd have to buy a load of 1.4K and 1.5K and measure them all to find one with a resistance of exactly 1.43K .... which maybe Mod Maker do so you get the exact resistance? ..... I have no idea.

I wouldn't really like to say how important that may or may not be with your mod ... I'd probably email modmaker and see how critical they think it is in the circuit.
Yeah I think you're right will email him to find out. They sell them at mouser but punish you if your order is less than £30 I think. Just did a big order from then so kicking myself for not checking first.

Thanks a lot
Kev.

If it's the resistor on the potentiometer leg then the value changes the range if I remember right, but what I don't remember is if higher res gives a lower max or higher minimum

If it's the resistor on the potentiometer leg then the value changes the range if I remember right, but what I don't remember is if higher res gives a lower max or higher minimum
Hi Jock yes its the one between the pot and okl chip. i guessed that it may have an effect on the output due to its position and thought higher resistance would be lower max output but buy how much i dont know and maybe its not as simple as ohms law because its on a low power part of the circut so what fiqures do you work that out with? Does blow my mind really all that parallel circuit stuff im trying to learn some basic electronics also atm but i know nothing really LOL!

Thanks
Kev

Back
Top Bottom