What's new

Dr Mike Yeadon

I'm not into David Icke sorry. All I know about him is the wogan show and that he claimed Ted heath was a paedophile which turned out to be true. He gets mentioned on here a lot when anyone wants to talk about something that goes against the mainstream and government narrative. I'm not sure why, its quite strange.
As already mentioned Dr Yeadon is nothing to do with David Icke and has no connections to him.
Good job with the google and the copy paste skills though.

because he believes the royal family are actually an alien reptile species wearing human skins that rule an elite illuminati

its not that strange he gets mentioned at times like this.

Sure, but this thread is about Mike Yeadon and looking at what he is saying.
Whereas Patrick Valance is saying the pandemic is just getting started this guy is saying it has peaked and is more or less over.
We see stories citing large spikes in hospital admissions but in reality this happens every year and its around average for most areas of the UK. If you can prove otherwise be my guest.

Similarly if you want to look at what others are saying in the same field go for it but I'd rather this thread was kept to discussing the actual topic of the thread and how the official figures back up what he is saying.
Folks can do that by actually listening to what he is saying and then making an informed comment on what they've heard.
My main point is that expertise is required in order to make an informed decision.

If we have the expertise ourselves, we can make up our own minds.

But seeing as most of us don't, we have to look to people who do for guidance.

Here we have an expert saying something that opposes another expert. He might be right, he might not be, and *we are not in a position to make that judgement*.

He (or his opponent) might be misinterpreting the data, and there might be factors he (or his opponent) are neglecting to consider.

So, the first question an enquiring mind should ask is what do all the other experts think?

Is this man alone in his views, or does he reflect the views of a large proportion of the experts?

People can be quick to jump to conclusions based on one man's view, and that can be dangerous, as we found out with the whole vaccines cause autism nonsense.

Even if what he says sounds valid to you, you have to be careful not to let any bias come into any decision making.

So, regardless of what he says, or how convincing it sounds, this one man's view isn't very useful.

We have to weigh up all the evidence. And we don't have the expertise to do it ourselves (regardless of how intelligent we think we are, we have to be careful of the Dunning-Kruger effect), so we listen to the consensus view of experts.

In other words, if we can't trust the experts, why trust this one?

Thats a different kettle of ocean bound animals though ... thats stating the lockdown policies are damaging - which is true, wether that means we shouldn't have them or not I dont know, but I get it.

Its not stating the pandemic is over

having talked to a nurse the other day who works at notts hospital . it most defo is not.

Yeah, I just meant that there was a growing 'consensus' for that position and what we should be doing... by people who should know what they are talking about.

Yeah, I just meant that there was a growing 'consensus' for that position and what we should be doing... by people who should know what they are talking about.
Yeah I dont disagree with finding a different way if its possible - saying its over is madness - it defo isn't.

I don't mind reading different views - I read this:

https://lockdownsceptics.org/lies-d...tistics-the-deadly-danger-of-false-positives/

He seems to be treading a very narrow path though .......... and is coming from an obviously political standpoint. He also seems to be ignoring the fact that this is a global pandemic, not just one in the UK, and he is therefore opposing 'the science' in many other countries too. And if I remember rightly, the main point of 'lockdown' for many was to delay cases so that the health services could cope?

So ............ nope .......... he may have an interesting angle ........... but not enough vision, by the looks of it, IMHO.

because he believes the royal family are actually an alien reptile species wearing human skins that rule an elite illuminati

its not that strange he gets mentioned at times like this.
I don't know about that and I don't know why he has anything to do with a doctor giving his opinion on the pandemic. As far as I can remember he's saying the virus doesn't exist which I don't agree with.
At the end of the day we are heading into flu season now so we will see what happens and hopefully it won't be too bad.

In other words, if we can't trust the experts, why trust this one?

Sorry, I thought you said "Why trust anyone?". I don't, just earlier I caught a glimpse of Johnson spouting off about the uplifting of Universal Credit being the way to target poverty and covid related financial problems for claimants and their children. The PM on tv talking absolute shite again, but millions will believe that utter nonsense, until they have to claim.

I'm more likely to trust and believe the majority of you lot than any of those so called experts. I listened to a bit of the video, who are these people, I didn't see their faces. Give me Jonathan Pie any day. I've got nothing constructive to add to this conversation, my brain is totally fragmented.

having talked to a nurse the other day who works at notts hospital . it most defo is not.

QMC's ITU has been full of COVID patients for two weeks. As has Leicester Royal. Both have been shipping patients to Kettering, but that it now at capacity. I believe Derby Royal and UHCW are in the same boat. Long message short: don't get seriously ill in the East Midlands for a while.

Can you give me a timestamp for the video where Dr yeadon says it's a conspiracy or where he mentions that there is no epidemic? I must have missed that part. Thanks.

no, i’m not watching the video.

in the article linked below he claims that sage have designed certain practices to falsely inflate the number of covid-19 deaths (ie a conspiracy) which he appears to believe is being done so “they” can take away “our freedom“.

he also states that at this point (late september) the pandemic had “al but disappeared”.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/what-sage-got-wrong/

there actually are some serious implications for freedom and the ramping up of the global neck wringing of the impoverished majority consequent to this situation we are in. william i robinson has written a few interesting pieces but you would probably dismiss him as part of the red threat.

Back
Top Bottom