What's new

E-cigarettes being sold in prison shops in smoking ban pilot

We all can remember the feelings associated when running out of cigs or quitting cold turkey. That would be bad enough let alone being couped up, its bound to happen.

Nothing worse than being banged up in a police cell without a smoke. You can thank Tony çuntface Blair for that. Now they offer you a nicorette tablet every four hours, which is better than nothing I suppose. I asked the Custody Sergeant what happens now when captives can't smoke, he said 'they go off their fucking heads'...

Given my sister was banned from carrying lipstick when she worked as a teacher for a young offenders institute, because it could be used to make an adhoc weapon, I think ecigs will never be brought in nationally in all prisons.

No doubt Glanz will be spouting drivel about vaping being a gateway to becoming a master criminal now.

Given my sister was banned from carrying lipstick when she worked as a teacher for a young offenders institute, because it could be used to make an adhoc weapon, I think ecigs will never be brought in nationally in all prisons.

I do believe that it would only be cigalikes and one brand only. Have to corner the market and all that.

I do believe that it would only be cigalikes and one brand only. Have to corner the market and all that.

I could see it working at open jails and those containing non-violent offenders, but not at jails with a high level of violent offenders.

The prevalence of nicotine use within the prison system is strongly linked to the prevalence of nicotine use by people with mental health issues imo. There have been several scientific papers suggesting it is a form of self-medication and that removing access to nicotine can make patients suffer setbacks. So I can't see them having any success in reducing the prevalence of nicotine use and even a cigalike has metal parts you can gouge somebodies eye out with.

Back
Top Bottom