What's new

Ego connector and battery

Crewella

Olympian
Hi, please forgive the noob questions (I feel a bit of an impostor here, but it seemed the best board for my query). I'm at the start of my first project, a tobacco pipe to e-pipe conversion, and I have now assembled most of the bits I'll need, I bought ego battery mod connectors and a PCB board but the pre-attached wires on the PCB board are too short to run to a pipe bowl. Am I right in thinking it's best not to have a joint in the wire, so I'd be better off to solder a whole new wire to the PCB? Or should I just join a longer wire to the ones already attached? Also (and yes I should have asked this before I bought it) I have 20AWG wire to run to a 18350 battery - just checking that's OK? Whilst I'm here ....... ;)

Lastly, I had to raid an old ego battery for some of the internals and the tube, and looking at the size of the (now dead) battery pack inside the ego tube got me wondering if I might be able to re-use one in a smaller project that would struggle to take even a 18350 battery, like a cheroot holder. Carefully wrapped, would it be safe to use?

Thanks for your time.

hi i do like a pipe, one single wire is the way to go solder joint take up room and make it harder to route your wiring, but sometimes needs must splice, solder then heat shrink stay to the same gauge wire if your jointing, google splice solder joint for some pics 20awg is rated for 11 amps which will be far higher than a little ego board. as long as the battery pack is in good condition, undamaged and there is enough wire to solder to with out heating the battery you should be fine reusing it but it will have to go into a hard case with vents not just wrapped in a soft material like tape or cloth.

hope that helps and your not an impostor here

Last edited:
hi i do like a pipe, one single wire is the way to go solder joint take up room and make it harder to route your wiring, but sometimes needs must splice, solder then heat shrink stay to the same gauge wire if your jointing, google splice solder joint for some pics 20awg is rated for 11 amps which will be far higher than a little ego board. as long as the battery pack is in good condition, undamaged and there is enough wire to solder to with out heating the battery you should be fine reusing it but it will have to go into a hard case with vents not just wrapped in a soft material like tape or cloth.

hope that helps and your not an impostor here

Thank you, that's a huge help. I'll get on with this project for now, and look properly into how to reuse the battery if and when the right project turns up. At least I now know it's a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom