What's new

Review EHPro Big Bear RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were asked for an opinion by the one of the men in charge so some gave it, maybe in a manner that you personally didn't agree with?.

I, in no way believe I've hounded anyone.
Im not accusing you of anything, all i would ask is that you read the first page of the thread then ask yourself if its tone is one of tolerence, respect, and fraternity because that isnt what im getting

Im not accusing you of anything, all i would ask is that you read the first page of the thread then ask yourself if its tone is one of tolerence, respect, and fraternity because that isnt what im getting
I raised a concern with the forum owner about what I felt was someone abusing the forum purely for their own ends while contributing nothing outside of their own promotion. The owner said they had noticed the same thing and had considered doing something about it. Why we should have respect for or tolerate someone essentially spamming the forum I have no idea.

I raised a concern with the forum owner about what I felt was someone abusing the forum purely for their own ends while contributing nothing outside of their own promotion. The owner said they had noticed the same thing and had considered doing something about it. Why we should have respect for or tolerate someone essentially spamming the forum I have no idea.
the question of spamming is a matter of opinion as to why we should tolerate and respect people.... (and not start with personal insults i would add) well i should think that was obvious

the question of spamming is a matter of opinion as to why we should tolerate and respect people.... (and not start with personal insults i would add) well i should think that was obvious
Yes, the question of spamming is a mater of opinion, and mine is that he is spamming the forum. The forum owner appears to agree, going as far as to use the word spamming in his response. Personal insults? I have no idea what you are talking about.

I said this earlier to much "policing by members is starting to raise it's head" simple yes or no answers and why would have sufficed but there where to many replies that where either a bit strong or in some way uncalled for. i think it better to live and let live rather than have a my way or the highway stance, this is what discourages people who may think about joining from doing so as they will perceive some members as not the sort they would like to ask questions or ask for help in fear they will geta judgemental answer

Yes, the question of spamming is a mater of opinion, and mine is that he is spamming the forum. The forum owner appears to agree, going as far as to use the word spamming in his response. Personal insults? I have no idea what you are talking about.
and should we not be tolerant and respectful? and yes the moderater is just as entitled to his opinion as I am. We could ban all the reviewers because lets face it the more or less all do the same would this mass baning be to the enrichment of the forum not in my opinion, also what would the mass banning say to the wider vaping community and the world beyond that.......... oh and is 'stupid face victor' a term of endearment a friendly epiphet or just an insult

I said this earlier to much "policing by members is starting to raise it's head" simple yes or no answers and why would have sufficed but there where to many replies that where either a bit strong or in some way uncalled for. i think it better to live and let live rather than have a my way or the highway stance, this is what discourages people who may think about joining from doing so as they will perceive some members as not the sort they would like to ask questions or ask for help in fear they will geta judgemental answer

OK, I'll say my bit and leave .. as I really don't see there's anything to argue about here.

I've been on forums where it would definitely be seen as spamming .... on those forums reviewers like this would have a signature link in regular sized font (maybe a diff colour from the standard text) saying "Check out my youtube vaping review channel here" or something like that. Then participate like everyone else on the forum.

The only way it's not spamming is if this section of the forum is for this purpose, for youtube reviewers to link all their videos. If it is then there's no problem. If that isn't what @junglist really intended then yeah, maybe something needs changing.

it's clear that some people like @cheltenham cat do find it useful to have the videos linked on the forum and others don't ever watch them on the forum and find them a waste of space. So I think maybe some compromise between the two is needed.

but to me it's a little bit like someone spamming the for sale section with links to their ebay listings. The obvious difference is that these aren't links and the videos are embedded in the forum, but it still gives me a similar vibe, the videos aren't uploaded here for the benefit of the forum, they are uploaded to youtube for the benefit of the reviewer. ...... it could be argued. ;)

and should we not be tolerant and respectful? and yes the moderater is just as entitled to his opinion as I am. We could ban all the reviewers because lets face it the more or less all do the same would this mass baning be to the enrichment of the forum not in my opinion, also what would the mass banning say to the wider vaping community and the world beyond that.......... oh and is 'stupid face victor' a term of endearment a friendly epiphet or just an insult
I've already said I don't think spammers deserve respect and tolerance, see above. @junglist is one of the site owners and I have, I feel with some justification, raised a concern with him. It's for him to decide if he feels any action is necessary. You had quoted my post when you mentioned "personal insults" so you can understand my confusion as I haven't made any personal insults. Mass bannings? That escalated quickly. :D

I like Vic's videos on here. There, I've said it. I find them useful, I find them helpful for discovering new stuff, and I find his style easy to digest. I don't think he's spamming the forum - he's not advertising wares, he's merely posting videos. Yes it would be nice if he were a little more involved with the forum.
I think it would be a great shame if review videos were banned from the site, and would reduce my reasons for coming here. I don't want to have to watch them on YouTube. They're already in the reviews section, so I don't see what the problem is. Maybe a Video reviews section might be a suitable compromise.

If you don't like the videos, don't watch them. Just ignore those threads, leave them for the people who do appreciate them.

You haters do realise you can just put him on your ignore list and be done with it dont you?, just because you've reached your happy place vape gear wise doesn't give you the right to say what should and should not be allowed to be posted on a public vape forum, when i started vaping the choice was easy because there wasn't much about, but now there is so much new stuff coming daily ( it seems ) that the new vapers on here need someone like vic to help them wade through all the shit stuff, So he may not be your cup of tea, so what?, dont like his ''come face'', that's your problem, just jog on and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom