What's new

Review Firebox Squonker 50w + RDA - first impressions (w/pics)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
Firebox RDA (Bottom-Fed) - RDA Squonkers - Rebuildable Atomisers - PV Parts/Mods

PfoLYHO.jpg

• 10ml (standard size) Bottle Liquid supply system
• Improved easier fire button; with 3 button system.
• Variable Wattage: 5-50W (1.5V-9V)
• Stainless 510 connection with brass spring loaded centre post
• Micro USB charge port added
• Improved OLED display
• Now will fire as low as 0.2 ohm
• Battery charge indicator / Ohm resistance meter
• Uses 18650 battery (included)
• Improved stainless steel RDA with adjustable airflow
• Vented battery compartment

This device was provided free for review.

First impressions - pretty great.

I love this little mod , the rda I'm not so crazy about.

For a non-squonker this has been a real eye-opener. I think I finally get it.
Effortless dripping, non messy too!
Really easy to set up and use.
Responsive buttons , bright clear display.

I guess to judge the rda you'd have to compare it to other budget 22mm original bf drippers.
If you can find one!
I mean there just aren't any it seems.
I tried a couple of little cheapies a while back and hated them both, this one's way better.
It vapes really nicely but it was pretty awkward to set up.
The post screws are tiny tiny little grub screws which require the use of the smallest allen key in existence.

It really did piss me off setting this rda up (plus I melted the mystery black positive insulator a bit)
Once I got it up and running though with a modest dual build 10 wraps 0.35mm kanthal 2.5mm ID
it's behaving like a lamb :)
Great flavour and nicely adjustable airflow - from a tight mouth to lung to a good open lung hit.

I'll have the review done by next weekend , in the meantime here's some pics :)

AgoGOC5.jpg

AfOcTbO.jpg

OKmtfCH.jpg

VGaVULG.jpg

L29ErsF.jpg

T4CrqqI.jpg

Z6SU18A.jpg

k2fJqLU.jpg

xwWg3qF.jpg

IO0ojGI.jpg

4g3SI9R.jpg

X6iHnD1.jpg

ZgpabjF.jpg

I think I'm going to have to get one of those, that looks great.

Now that does look pretty sweet. I have yet to try squonking. Need to be honest and say it hasn't really looked very appealing to me. The shortage of available BF attys which you mention is really what has put me off, plus the price tag of any squonkers that looks worth purchasing. At £135 for the squonker and atty I still don't think it would tempt me to part with my money. I still look forward to the review though and hopefully I might change my mind.

Now that does look pretty sweet. I have yet to try squonking. Need to be honest and say it hasn't really looked very appealing to me. The shortage of available BF attys which you mention is really what has put me off, plus the price tag of any squonkers that looks worth purchasing. At £135 for the squonker and atty I still don't think it would tempt me to part with my money. I still look forward to the review though and hopefully I might change my mind.

On the website it says it's £84.95.

Yeah, my mistake, was looking at the combo of this and the Squonker II. At £85 I am far more tempted to try this out. Thanks for pointing this out. ;)

I'm sorely tempted but really can't justify it at moment. My amboyna burl Mor Crann is due in next few weeks.

Looking forward to the full review Paul, I had a good look around when you posted the hand check yesterday. Also the Hobo V3 Clone from Puff Palace comes with a BF pin along with the Ivogo Velocity Clones.

Back
Top Bottom