What's new

First Clapton or twisted coil

km06ore

Postman
Hi guys I've got the drill ready for tonight to try my first Clapton or twisted coil.

Got a couple of questions before I start, I only have 26g and 30g kanthal.
I'm looking to use them as a dual setup on a billow v2 using an istick50w

If I did a Clapton how many wraps roughly would I need around a 2.4mm screwdriver to come out at 0.3 ish to 0.5

Or would I be better trying a twisted with the 26g if so how many wraps for the same resistance around the same screwdriver.

Any help would be great apes thanks.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

You have heard of the Steam Engine page?? Good guide for coil building amid other shenanigans.

I'm not familiar with the billow, but have yet to succeed with putting a clapton in a tank, even 0.3mm cored Claptons in my Goblin did not go too well.
Any build will depend on post hole size and room on the deck, so if you think you can fit a Clapton in well, go for it.

Hope it works out for you.

P1040479.JPG

I know you posted this a while ago, but what did you end up doing.

I've just done my second ever Clapton build and managed to get them in the Billow V2 .... and i only had 26g and 30g Kanthal in as well and just thought, oh well lets give it a try.

I did five-ish wraps and wrapped them at 1.5mm, 1.5mm because it is really tight to get them in the billow, but that came out at .24ohms on my ohm meter and when I put it on my IPV D2 that registered at .20-.23 depending what mood it was in and initially it came in at .18

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom