What's new

First DIY coil question

griffo1981

Postman
Hi all, I have just made my first pair of stainless steel coils and within 10 puffs my glass cracked.
So I'm using 24swg stainless steel 5/6 wraps (no idea of mm as I used a screwdriver shaft to wrap) it's on my TFV8 deck and I'm getting .2 ohm. I'm still using watt mode and running @ 60W. Should I turn the power down? The vape is cool and very flavour full this is deffo the sweet spot and it was the cleito fat boy glass that broke, I have read that the cleito glass is a little prone to breaking.

You may have knocked the glass during a building / cleaning and like johnr7 said bad timming

I had my glass break on ijoy combo rdta when just putting it over the o ring so I must have caught it on something like a post without realising

When the Cleito FatBoy glass came out for the small Cleito there were concerns about its fragility because of ts bulbous shape.
However, this is only the third or fourth reported incidence of cracking or breaking that I've read. One of mine cracked but it was down to overtightening.

I bought the fat boy glass for my tfv8 worked a treat till I took the tank apart. The second time I put it back together the glass cracked. It does not fit the tfv8 properly so it cracks under the pressure

i could be roung here someone pull me up if i am but thort ss was just for tc mode and not wattage maybe that had something to do with the glass cracking

I bought the fat boy glass for my tfv8 worked a treat till I took the tank apart. The second time I put it back together the glass cracked. It does not fit the tfv8 properly so it cracks under the pressure

It's been fine for a while, it's really tight on the top seal which is where it cracked. But I had put it back together and vaped for at least 10 puffs the I heard a tink

i could be roung here someone pull me up if i am but thort ss was just for tc mode and not wattage maybe that had something to do with the glass cracking
Nah, SS is good for both TC and wattage modes.

Back
Top Bottom