What's new

First Mech Advice

I can give another +1 for the smpl, its flawless - as hippydude said just check them 510's. Mine was about 7 quid. Money well spent.

The reason I like recessed switches is I have never had one fire in my pocket, and the same can't be said of mods with locking switches. I've had one of those jiggle itself loose.

Okay, that is a lot of response. I am going to try and reply as best I can, but I will probably forget a few things.

Already have a pair of Samsung 25r so will give them a go.

I know about the shorting issue with hybrid connections, trying to avoid them for the time being for that reason. At least until I have more experience.

I have an ohms reader and will definitely be checking my builds.

A lot of people are recommending the nemesis, are the nemesis and the lancelot the same with different logos as they look pretty much the same to me?

As for switches without locking rings, I like the look of the switches on the Angler and Praxis mods as they seem pretty safe to leave stood on the table.

Right so here are the mods that I have been looking at.

Angler, Nemesis and Lancelot.

I also really like the look of the Praxis because of the switch design, but like I have said I would rather avoid trying hybrid connections for the time being.

As far as I can tell these are all magnet rather than spring switches, but if I am wrong feel free to correct me.

I also like the look of the Snow Wolf, but think I will start off with something that takes 18650 so I can get a feel for things before splashing on new batteries.

My first thought is there are no reviews or discussion on ft Sir lancelot.
That makes it a bit of a gamble at the very least, it could be good or crap.
The nemesis you are looking at scores almost as much as their most popular nemesis though from much less people though a quick look at the discussion looks a bit more negative to me.
I have the most popular one and it is good
No idea about the copper angler but it does look good.

You wont go far wrong with a quality nemi, i've got 3, its a good first mech, was my first mech too, if buying from ft make sure to check the reviews first. Some stuff is great others not so great. The nemi also makes a good hybrid if you want to go that way. Also ensure the battery compartment has venting holes, so if the worst happens your mod can vent.

Be careful the 510 on copper mods it is soft and easily damaged and easily crossthreaded.

I just got my first authentic mech mod and can heartily recommend a Gus Lord mech mod, cheap, well made, look great and hit harder than any clone that I've ever tried.

I ordered mine direct from them in Greece, for about £35 delivered, although it did take around ten days to turn up, it was well worth it.

I got this one here mate.

Got a few mecs .

I've a few mecs lying around a couple of nemisis don't like the firing button keep forgetting to lock it.a smoke magneto best switch I've found.but feels cheap a vanilla clone in copper which I like that much I've also got an original it just works recessed button so you can stand it up doesn't fire in my pockets.got a paps on the way and may get a smoke fury it's a good price for an original also comes with fuses which may be handy only seen good reviews on it.Honestly can't tell if a brass ,steel or copper hits any harder than the other .

Back
Top Bottom