What's new

First Mech Advice

I just got my first authentic mech mod and can heartily recommend a Gus Lord mech mod, cheap, well made, look great and hit harder than any clone that I've ever tried.

I ordered mine direct from them in Greece, for about £35 delivered, although it did take around ten days to turn up, it was well worth it.

I got this one here mate.

Looks quite nice, but I'm not sure what you are getting for the extra money there.

it just works recessed button so you can stand it up doesn't fire in my pockets

From the pictures I've seen the switch doesn't look recessed.

Better quality and performance than any clone I've ever owned, simple as that.

I see. Well I think I will start off with a couple of clones first anyway, just to get the hang of things.

I just got my first authentic mech mod and can heartily recommend a Gus Lord mech mod, cheap, well made, look great and hit harder than any clone that I've ever tried.

I ordered mine direct from them in Greece, for about £35 delivered, although it did take around ten days to turn up, it was well worth it.

I got this one here mate.

Damn that looks sweet:) A fair price too considering the work that goes into a mod like that. It's on my list for when funds are available.

Well I got my mechs yesterday, been using the nemesis and loving it (after I finally figured out how to set it up correctly). However having some problems with the Angler. First off, it doesn't seem to have any vent holes, though I'm not too bothered because I'm sure I can add one with a drill. Main problem... it doesn't fire. Don't know why as I seem to have it set up right, positive pin is touch the atty and the battery, switch is hitting the battery, but it doesn't fire. Any suggestions why?

Well I got my mechs yesterday, been using the nemesis and loving it (after I finally figured out how to set it up correctly). However having some problems with the Angler. First off, it doesn't seem to have any vent holes, though I'm not too bothered because I'm sure I can add one with a drill. Main problem... it doesn't fire. Don't know why as I seem to have it set up right, positive pin is touch the atty and the battery, switch is hitting the battery, but it doesn't fire. Any suggestions why?

Glad you are liking the nemesis now you have one it is a good baseline to measure any other mechs against.
Can,t be much help with the angler but blow through the top of the mech with a battery in you may find it vents through the switch.
The angler probably does work, it is a mech they usually do. It is the simplest circuit you just have to find out if it is failing to make a conection in the switch or at the top.

Glad you are liking the nemesis now you have one it is a good baseline to measure any other mechs against.
Can,t be much help with the angler but blow through the top of the mech with a battery in you may find it vents through the switch.
The angler probably does work, it is a mech they usually do. It is the simplest circuit you just have to find out if it is failing to make a conection in the switch or at the top.

I've done the blowing test and it isn't exactly airtight but at the same time it takes some real effort to blow through and I just feel that there isn't enough release to stop pressure building up in the case of a runaway battery. Not sure what I am failing to do with making a connection. There is no battery rattle and I am certain it is conecting at the top and bottom. Could the fact that the switch is magnetic be making a difference?

I've done the blowing test and it isn't exactly airtight but at the same time it takes some real effort to blow through and I just feel that there isn't enough release to stop pressure building up in the case of a runaway battery. Not sure what I am failing to do with making a connection. There is no battery rattle and I am certain it is conecting at the top and bottom. Could the fact that the switch is magnetic be making a difference?

If in doubt about vent holes then add a couple more. Batteries seem to always vent from the positive end so I would drill that end of mod.
Magnets should not be an issue.
My guess would be the 510 connector it has to connect to the battery and the mod.
Is it spring loaded?
Its not dual adjustable? (ie seperate adjustment for battery and atty)
My first thought would be to use a multi meter to check for current without the atty.
Don't suppose you have one?
I would normally say check out youtube but I have had a quick look and found nothing (i did notice it seems from button to be angel mods clone but still nothing) perhaps a more clever search will find something)
Final sugestion if you have not already done it try different mods.
I still think it will turn out to be a simpple issue, once you find it.

My guess would be the 510 connector it has to connect to the battery and the mod.
Is it spring loaded?
Its not dual adjustable? (ie seperate adjustment for battery and atty)
My first thought would be to use a multi meter to check for current without the atty.
Don't suppose you have one?

It is dual adjustable, I've made sure that it is making contact with both the atty and the battery. Probably a multi metre lying around the house somewhere, but I don't know where, perhaps I will look later, at work atm.

koeshi don't know if this applies but if it can be done may solve the problem. .. try taking the switch apart and making sure everything is ok with it and that the batteries are repelling each other strongly enough... and the switch is actually contacting with the battery... have had other switches on mods that haven't done... or have needed adjusting to get them to work... as I say may not be relevant but is always worth checking out

Back
Top Bottom