What's new

Getting really frustrated with my coils!

K

KulrMeStoopid

Mesh is oxidized loads, once I get rid of any hot spots in the coils, the vapour production goes straight down and is weak.... play about with the coil and the whole damn thing glows red and burns.

Get it back to NOT hot spotting and the vapour is gone. Anything less than 4 coils and it wont fire on the LT for being too low a resistance. Anything more than five and the coils are overlapping and hot spotting all over the place.

Suggestions?

How about a higher resistance wire and less coils?

Its not the cobra :) lol it's ME

I got it the first time and PLUMES of vape, but i bumped the wick so it was hot spotting and then after that it's lacking.

yep yep and it seems to have burned away lol I just got it stop hot spotting again so we will see how long this stands up. I really need more wire!

What V do you have it set to?

If pess than 4 wraps is too low for the LT then its coming out under 1.2ohms.
So 4 wraps should be around 1.4-1.6 ohms

Try 4 wraps and fire it at 3.0-3.3v.

Is the mesh wet enough? You haven't wrapped that too tight have you

Ok well I'm having a bad time making coils. No problem making and oxidising the wick. Right length. All tickets boo.

Ive followed Scotts video precisely. First coil came out at 1.1 ohm, glowed, fizzed and popped at 3.3 v (wire burnt out near the top cutting the current)
2nd coil came out at 1.0 and popped at 3 v
Tried adding another wind Scott has 4 in the pic so I tried 5. Came out at 0.9 ohms and too low for the Gripper to fire
Went back to 4 wraps came out at 0.8 ohms

Frustrated and tired :(

Right got it to 1.4 ohm and the wire glows evenly at 3V.

No vapour! Just burnt taste. The juice doesn't seem to travel to the wire coil so it just glows red heating nowt. If I leave it for a while juice does travel up. It then produces vapour for a brief period but tastes foul. Then runs out of vapour

God this is a this is like climbing a polished glass learning curve with lint slippers :O

Back
Top Bottom