What's new

Give our heroes the pay rise they deserve

Not according to this.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer

Salary
  • The starting salary for police constables in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is between £20,880 and £24,177, rising to £40,128 at the top of the scale - achievable after about seven years. In Scotland starting salaries are slightly higher at £26,037, rising to £40,878 after about ten years' service.
  • The range of salaries for sergeants is £41,500 to £45,098.
  • Inspectors can earn between £51,414 and £55,768 (£53,665 and £58,038 in London), rising to between £56,909 and £59,249 for chief inspectors (£59,175 and £61,509 in London).

Hmm it seems the tories lowered the starting wage for the english polis, then. Still, £40k after seven years. Substantially more than a staff nurse will ever get paid. I still think they are relatively over-payed.

Regular staff nurses in scotland are band 5 on the nhs scale and the maximum they get paid is about 30k, or just over. That’s as high as it goes, so my nurse relatives tell me. Unless they want to take on management responsibilities, which many of them don’t.
10 years ago salaries were worth a lot more than they are these days cos the cost if living has increased but in general wages havnt.
This is the same across all sectors not just nhs and government workers.
When I started in my industry I was paid just 2k short of what I'm on now and that was 20 years ago.

giphy.gif

I`ve heard that some nurses have a scam going where they volunteer to work on their day off, paid at overtime rates. Before that O/T shift starts they phone in sick but they still get the higher pay rate, their union negotiated that one.
While they`re off "sick" they`ll take work through an agency. Do they deserve a pay rise?

I`ve heard that some nurses have a scam going where they volunteer to work on their day off, paid at overtime rates. Before that O/T shift starts they phone in sick but they still get the higher pay rate, their union negotiated that one.
While they`re off "sick" they`ll take work through an agency. Do they deserve a pay rise?
Source please? :D

Back
Top Bottom