What's new

Got fat?

No, I didn't but they told me it could be anything from my ribs to my shoulder, so I eventually stopped paying for them to twist and prod me and stick needles in me.

I'm pretty sure it was a posture thing or maybe even bad form weight training, I'm the type of person who needs to tell himself to sit up straight all day else I end up sitting like a tortoise sticking his head out.

Yeah, I'm the same, I've been lazy with my posture for years and I like to lounge

I binned the gym because I thought it was something I was doing there but it's not that because I've not been for over a year now

I can't pin it down exactly, time off work and not being sat at desk 9 hours does help though

There's so much going on and so many muscles in your back, neck and shoulder at work. I think there's 5 different muscles that just keep your shoulder blade in place

Does make you wonder about these experts. NHS physio, I just got the impression she defaulted, shoulder issue = rotator cuff and didn't really give a toss. When I got my scan results, I really thought I'd hand it to her and she'd have some sort of solution, nope, more RC stuff and rows. I thought she's at least want a copy of the scan for my record or something, wasn't interested. 6 weeks later she discharged me from her service

Private physio is way more on it, way more keen, really nice guy but he's £20/£40 a time. He just seems to give me more variations of what the NHS did to be honest. I even tell him I'm pretty sure it's posture, more from the neck, then he's like "Right, I'm emailing you a routine, get back to me in week" I go home and read the email and it's the same old stuff. I've really emphasised with him this time, so if it's same old, I'll go elsewhere

Every physio I've seen though is "What have you done to your shoulder?" " Can you raise your arm?" and we go down the same RC path *head bang against a wall emoji

ETA: Following Brad and Bob, they have loads of necks and posture stuff, I find their chin tucks and the "tilt your head back" thing really helps. When I do that, I really feel it where I've sprained my left side. No physio has ever suggested anything like that

I know Brad and Bob and they are good. it really does sound like mine and although i have no idea if it was rotary cuff eventually rotary cuff exercises did help but as i mentioned it took ages, i should add mate that i gave up no end of times and just put up with it but eventually gave it one last go, maybe I got lucky and it just healed, who knows.

I know Brad and Bob and they are good. it really does sound like mine and although i have no idea if it was rotary cuff eventually rotary cuff exercises did help but as i mentioned it took ages, i should add mate that i gave up no end of times and just put up with it but eventually gave it one last go, maybe I got lucky and it just healed, who knows.

Every time I mention B&B to a physio, they laugh and call them old fashioned. Probably see them as a threat to their job :18:

I did the RC exercises and rows for ages though to the point my RC would actually get sore, I thought maybe dropping them for a bit would help with the clicking. I don't know what I'm doing at this point though, trying to sort daily posture as best I can and waiting for Saturday

I should stop saying it's my shoulder really, it's more upper back. You know when you hunch your shoulders forward, your shoulder blades slide to the outside, it's right in there, behind the shoulder blade, 2-3 inches from the spine. Like if I press it, it's sore, like pressing a bruise. I think that's why lying flat on my back feels so good because it keeps my shoulder blades back and takes the weight off

Went physio on Saturday, I wrote a list of 4 things that were bugging me and explained how I strained my upper back last week

I finally seem to have swung him my way, he said I'm anterior posture dominant, which is my front muscles pulling my shoulders forward and my back muscles not being strong enough to hold me back. I was always a much better puller than pusher in the gym which doesn't make sense as that problem is common with people that bench too much compared to rows

I said my chest niggles when doing rows and he said that's because my body doesn't like it, I've accustomed to bad posture, which does make sense as I've sat in it for 20 plus years so rows haven't negated it

He did confuse me on a couple of things though:

1) I said I'm trying to improve my posture and he said that's not the way to go about it as my body is happy with the posture it's in and not to fight it. I can't see how continuing with bad posture is going to help anything myself

2) the exercises he gave me, again, he mails them over to me on the drive home so I can't really go through them with him while I'm there. 2 of the 6 are chest stretches, he assessed me at the time and said my chest wasn't tight, so they feel a bit pointless. Another one of the exercises is wall pushups, 8 x3 a) they're way too easy 2) why pushups when that's the dominant area? The other 3 look useful so I'll give them all a go. He wants feedback in a couple of days which I think is too soon, he's the expert and they don't cause me any problems so I'll see what he says then

Beer wise, I only drank 4 all last week, my usual amount seems to be about 2 6 packs

After a couple of days of physio exercises, I was in absolute bits, like mega pain and a numb hand, brilliant

Two of the exercises I'm blaming and I'm not contacting him again

Have a doctor's appointment later this afternoon

Clicked on a recommended vid on YouTube last night from a couple of American chiropractors, which went into depth about the nerves in the neck causing the pain. I tried a few things and they help, like simply raising my arm, takes away the pain. Why the fuck do no UK physios see past the shoulder?

I'll link it up later because it describes my symptoms to a tea but the things that's pissed me off with them, the video's pretty much an advert for their $200 4 step treatment plan, assholes

Back
Top Bottom