What's new

Got fat?

After playing four matches in a week, two back to back, I collapsed with pain in my ankle and both elbows. That was four months ago - I can't weigh myself because I'm probably fatter now than before I started trying to lose weight. Dammit.
Started again last week. I’d managed to stack on two stone - but then I was having a tipple quite often and fast food frequently.

Back on the Weetabix/salads/cycling trainer/footy - lost half a stone this week.

Getting right fat

Having two wisdom teeth pulled and Covid this year ( a combined total of 6 weeks feeling like ass) and of course "the shoulder" really messed up my motivation, no idea what I weigh but all exercise has been sacked and too much junk and booze has slipped into my diet

I'm in that awkward position were I'm too fat for Large shirts, but not fat enough for extra large. L are too tight, XL are too baggy. Same with 34 and 36" jeans

Starting calorie counting again today with MyFatness Pal, really need to knock the beers on the head. I'll start walking again and clear out the junk via my belly. Problem is, I'm always starving so I'll have to gut it out (literally). Not sure I'm motivated enough to go back to the gym yet

I've booked in to see the physio on Saturday, I was reading my phone in bed on Sunday morning and sprained the left side of my upper back, it's the bit inbetween your spine and your shoulder blade which is were my right side hurts. I'm convinced it's posture and my neck, as I can't turn my head to the left right now. So posture work is needed and I've ordered a wedge pillow for sitting up in bed/on the sofa

Last edited:
If you still want a dink mate on a diet my wife drink Strongbow ultra dark fruits. Its only 95 calories a can, also flying kite wine is only 58 calories a glass, they make one that tastes like Ribena if you don't really like wine.

I had the same thing with my shoulder years ago and it never healed properly for ages and after spending loads on it i found a routine on the internet to rehabilitate with exercise bands, gave it a few months rest with keeping the best posture possible then gave the routine ago, It took a while but it really helped.

If you still want a dink mate on a diet my wife drink Strongbow ultra dark fruits. Its only 95 calories a can, also flying kite wine is only 58 calories a glass, they make one that tastes like Ribena if you don't really like wine.

I had the same thing with my shoulder years ago and it never healed properly for ages and after spending loads on it i found a routine on the internet to rehabilitate with exercise bands, gave it a few months rest with keeping the best posture possible then gave the routine ago, It took a while but it really helped.

Do like Dark fruits!! Alcohol free lager isn't too bad either, I'm going to try and replace it with sugar free fizzy orange, I just like something cold, fizzy and refreshing on the warmer days, I grab some beers and the habit continues :18:

What sort of stuff did you do for your shoulder?

Every physio I see just assumes it's my rotator cuff and gives me rotator cuff exercises, I even told the NHS lady they do absolutely nothing for it and she still insisted I did them even after the scan showed my RC was fine. In fact, I spent 18 months seeing her and all she ever gave me was RC exercises before binning me off, absolutely useless. The scan showed mild Bursitus and slight winging

My pain is in the upper trap/ rhomboid, feels like someone's stabbed me with a knitting needle and snapped the end off. Then it knocks on into my chest and neck. My neck stiffens up and clicks like crazy & my right shoulder clicks every time I raise my right arm. Again, NHS insisted this is normal and everyone clicks, it really isn't normal

I've tried loads of Brad and Bob stuff off YouTube, they help but have never cleared it

I've had sports massages for months, they clear the knotts but no lie, they're back within 10 minutes of walking out of there

My private physio does assessments of ROM and stuff, gives my RC exercises and rows, he was the one that got me the scan. I obviously pay the guy but he WhatsApps me all the time to check in so it at least seems like he gives a toss

I'm sure it's posture, everyone assumes I've had an injury, I never have. My walking and standing posture is fine. At work it's not bad but I have to stop myself from slouching. At home it's pretty shocking, I spend most of the evening lying on the sofa or bed on my laptop or phone. that's why I've ordered the wedge

Bit of a history lesson there :18: but this has gotta have been going on 3 plus years, it really came to a head during the start of Covid, about June 2020. I know the NHS had bigger fish to fry but they literally ignored me until I started pestering them 6 months later

Last edited:
They were just rotary cuff band exercises mate, things like pulling it from a door handle. It took ages and i had to do it really slowly and gradually build up, it was weeks and weeks and weeks before I could use a light dumbbell. It was also ages before it stopped hurting after sleeping. I should ad as well that when i was doing this I would check my posture and get up and walk around every half an hour rotating my arm standing as straight as I can, I'm pretty sure this helped too.

I would imagine It really hurt for around a year or so and a few months of solid band exercises before it felt a little better

I really understand what you are going through as it was quite a serious pain that affected my neck and middle back too.

They were just rotary cuff band exercises mate, things like pulling it from a door handle. It took ages and i had to do it really slowly and gradually build up, it was weeks and weeks and weeks before I could use a light dumbbell. It was also ages before it stopped hurting after sleeping. I should ad as well that when i was doing this I would check my posture and get up and walk around every half an hour rotating my arm standing as straight as I can, I'm pretty sure this helped too.

I would imagine It really hurt for around a year or so and a few months of solid band exercises before it felt a little better

I really understand what you are going through as it was quite a serious pain that affected my neck and middle back too.

Cheers mate

I'm making an effort with my posture, doing W's against the wall every time I go downstairs, trying to stop myself slouching, foam rolling and that wedge should arrive today too

I'll see Marc on Saturday so I'll what he says on exercises, he seems very short term though, like "do this for a week, then report back to me" kinda guy

Just out of interest mate, was the pain a little better when you slept on the side that was hurting?

It was for me, if i slept on my back it really hurt and also if i slept on my side that didn't hurt the shoulder that did hurt hurt more.

It was kind of like the pressure of my body compressed it or something?????

It was a double edge sword though as it helped ease the pain to get off to sleep but when I woke it really hurt like crazy from lying on it.

Just out of interest mate, was the pain a little better when you slept on the side that was hurting?

It was for me, if i slept on my back it really hurt and also if i slept on my side that didn't hurt the shoulder that did hurt hurt more.

It was kind of like the pressure of my body compressed it or something?????

It was a double edge sword though as it helped ease the pain to get off to sleep but when I woke it really hurt like crazy from lying on it.

Sleeping on it doesn't really seem to bother it, I generally sleep on my right shoulder (the long term pain shoulder), I built pillows barriers and forced myself to sleep on my left for a bit and it made no difference. It doesn't hurt to lie on it. It always feels better in a morning than it does later on in the day, so yeah, I guess sleeping on it helps

I lie on my back the floor in the office a couple of times a day for a few minutes and that helps take the pressure off. It's like me just sitting/standing/living is what's causing it

I've said it before, but it could be vaping, hand to mouth hundreds of times a day, I switched to left hand vaping a while ago, it could've knackered my left side now :18:

I'd love to be fixed lying on my back for a few days to see what would happen :18:

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours?

No, I didn't but they told me it could be anything from my ribs to my shoulder, so I eventually stopped paying for them to twist and prod me and stick needles in me.

I'm pretty sure it was a posture thing or maybe even bad form weight training, I'm the type of person who needs to tell himself to sit up straight all day else I end up sitting like a tortoise sticking his head out.

Back
Top Bottom